0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2008 4:11 PM by Tikis_Mikis

DataGrid dragEnabled="true" lag time

Tikis_Mikis
      Has ANYONE ever experienced this? I'm really confused as to why this is happening. I have the following data grid as test code in my mxml app:

<mx:DataGrid x="44" y="55" dragEnabled="true">
      <mx:ArrayCollection>
      <mx:Object>
      <mx:Artist>Pavement</mx:Artist>
      <mx:Price>11.99</mx:Price>
      <mx:Album>Slanted and Enchanted</mx:Album>
      </mx:Object>
      <mx:Object>
      <mx:Artist>Pavement</mx:Artist>
      <mx:Album>Brighten the Corners</mx:Album>
      <mx:Price>11.99</mx:Price>
      </mx:Object>
      </mx:ArrayCollection>
      </mx:DataGrid>

Builder launches the app fine in both the stand alone Flash player or in FireFox (depending on my compilir settings). However when I load the app from within my main website page the draggable rows within the DataGrid on the FIRST click drag after the app has loaded is extremely slow/lagging when it comes to animating the click/drag when I click and hold a row with the mouse. I even commented all my AS3 code out to ensure that there wasnt any logic that was causing the lag and this ONLY happens when I load the app from the target web page. I also tested the app by placing it by itself in its own html template but still the drag occurs - WHY?

After I click and drag any row for first time its slow but if I let go of the mouse and then decided to click and drag again the slowdown is now gone. I thought it might be that it was loading something and thats why it caused the slowdown but like I said I even commented all AS3 to ensure that there was no program execution slowing down the dragging.

Can anyone chime in with any thoughts?