12 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2012 5:43 PM by Curt Y

Attempting retail install CS6, but failed installation occurs every attempt on Win7x64

JasonC_L13

First off, appologies for this post, I'm a bit flustered.

New Win7x64 computer and an attempt to install retail CS6 have failed. I now get the following error message upon each install attempt:  "Installer failed to initialize.  File not found.  Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem".  I did, and with some internet issues I finally sent in a report.  I tried the Cleaner tool several times, no help.  I attempted to remove a registry entry as described in a "bootstrapper error" fix, but that particular "InProgress Key" does not exist.

I even attempted to download and install a trial of CS6, but upon attempting to install I yet again recieved the same error message.

What is my next move?

As with anyone else with an issue, I just want to intstall CS6 and be on my way.  I also own retail LR3 and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 (plug-in), but I will not attempt to install those UNTILL I can resolve the CS6 install issue.  I need all 3 of these programs, now.

Once again, thank you for any assistance that can be provided.

Jason