3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2012 1:06 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Plugins in the cloud?

bsitton Level 1

Would be cool to have all of my plugins in the cloud. keeping 2 coumputers in plug-in sync would be great. (Red Giant I am looking at you.) While your at it, lets find a way to sync fonts as well.

All of this comes from being out of town on a project, fireing up AE on my laptop and realizing I have all the assets, but dont have all the plug-in installed and or up to date. So is this posible?

• 1. Re: Plugins in the cloud?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

If all sides involved can work out the legal tangle and AE learns how to dynamically load plug-ins not just on start-up, plus all sides involved can figure out a licensing system so they all make their cut, sure, it's imaginable. That being said, i wouldn't hold my breath for this to happen any time soon. In this business, everyone has their agenda and unless you get everyone aboard, it would be pointless.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Plugins in the cloud?
            bsitton Level 1

Mylenium, always the optomist

Totally agree with the hurdles, but look at what Red Giant has done. Dont they have a universial installer? If we could start with them and adobe, would be a great start. Where is Aharon Rabinowitz when we need him?

• 3. Re: Plugins in the cloud?
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I can't give away details, but I'll say that we've heard this request and are thinking about it.

What would be most useful for us is for you to cast your vote and tell us how you'd like it to work by submitting a feature request here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish