It's a bug in 64-bit AI CS6 on Win7 x64. The only way to get it to work is to run AI "As administrator".
I'm on a Mac though. What do I do?
Have you found a solution? I am stuck and searching…
Following nearly 2 hours on the phone with tech support and a clean uninstall/reinstall, I've learned that this is a known problem. There will be an engineering meeting including this topic on Friday, August 17 after which they will get back to me to provide an update. I'll add notes here.
1 person found this helpful
I had this problem too. I think I've fixed it.
- Open Illustrator and start a new document.
- Create a new slice (Shift+K) anywhere on the document.
- File > Save for Web...
- In the bottom right corner there is an option for “Export”. Change this to “All Slices”.
- Save that out so that Illustrator retains that option as default.
Hope that helps.
Did you ever hear back from them?
That trick worked, but I've found that some of my images seem to get oddly cropped/missing the top line of pixels. I can't seem to define what causes the oddness or in which files it's going to crop (no pun intended) up. What I've started doing is opening the Illustrator file in Photoshop, and then doing all my App resizing/export production in Photoshop. It's not an elegant solution, and it adds additional steps; but it works.
No, they never did and I was left feeling gullible for imagining they would!
> That trick worked, but I've found that some of my images seem to get oddly cropped/missing the top line of pixels.
Yeah that annoys me too. I get around it by using a rasterising filter on a group. Under the Appearence Panel choose Fx and then Rasterize. Cuts out having to mess around in Photoshop and you'll get better previews of how the vector will rasterise at a paticular resolution.
Lydia, Yeah, customer service doesn't seem to be an Adobe priority. (If my waiting on hold for 1.5 hours before giving up is any indication.)
Chris, I'll give that a shot, thanks!
Ken, It may be the way I've got my system configured, but running as Admin didn't seem to help; even when I loaded the system up in safe mode.
It's an annoying bug. I wish Adobe would just acknowledge it on a bug tracker, and give us a timeline as to when/if they think they can fix it.
Hi Chris, brilliant that you found such a solution. For me it works very well.
thank you, thank you! works for me.
Just to say how this error comes about (well how it did for me anyway). I had been saving out slices and on the Save for Web screen had chosen to export all user slices. I’ve then opened a different document with no slices whatsover and tried to use Save for Web to save the entire artboard yet it must still have remembered the export all user slices option and thus completely got its knickers in a twist!
I'm seeing this in Photoshop also, when running an automated export (File / Scripts / Export Layers..). Resolved by clicking anywhere with the slice tool, then running the script again.
Thank you very much.
I've done following your direction.