2 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2012 7:06 PM by SanJuanderer

Mac CS(1) upgrades?

SanJuanderer

In 2004 I purchase an educator version of Mac CS. I have retired from teaching and would like only to uprgrade the Photoshop component of CS for hobby purposes. Am I eligible to receive any upgrades? If not, short of purchasing Photoshop CS6 anew, what would be the most economical path forward?

• 1. Re: Mac CS(1) upgrades?
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

SanJuanderer wrote:

In 2004 I purchase an educator version of Mac CS. I have retired from teaching and would like only to uprgrade the Photoshop component of CS for hobby purposes. Am I eligible to receive any upgrades?

The short answer is no.

Until 31 Dec 2012, the earliest version from which you can upgrade now is CS3.

After that date, the earliest version from which you can upgrade is CS5.

What exactly did you purchase in 2004? Photoshop CS or a Creative Suite?

SanJuanderer wrote:If not, short of purchasing Photoshop CS6 anew, what would be the most economical path forward?

Probably a subscription to Photoshop CS6

http://www.adobe.com/au/products/photoshop/buying-guide-subscriptions.html

or join the full Creative Cloud for not much more

https://creative.adobe.com/#plans

• 2. Re: Mac CS(1) upgrades?
            SanJuanderer Level 1

Hi John,

Thanks for responding.

I purchased the full Creative Suite in 2004.

Regarding your suggestion of purchasing CS6, nearly $700 is a big expenditure for a hobby. I am inclined to just keep using Photoshop CS, as presently it is adequate for my needs. Does Photoshop have any competitors? I think Photoshop CS(1) is more 'powerful' than the latest version of Elements. Is that accurate?