4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 3:18 PM by HVGiclee

Quadtone ICC print profiles not found in CS6

jjcalvo

I have several ICC profiles installed in the Colorsync>Profiles folder. They are QTR ICC profles for B+W printing. CS5 sees these profiles when assining  custom profle for  soft profing and when choosing a profile for printing.

CS6 finds the profles in the pulldown window only when soft profing. They are missing from the list of profiles in the printing menu. If CS5 can find them why not CS6. Are hey in a diferent location?

• 1. Re: ICC profiles not found in CS6
          Level 7

When printing, Photoshop CS6 restricts the list to the profiles that match the color mode of the printer.

So a CMYK printer will see only CMYK printer profiles.

A Grayscale printer will only see Grayscale printer profiles.

And an RGB printer will only see RGB printer profiles.

Colorspace profiles, and profiles that don't match the mode of the printer won't be shown.

And I believe there are posts on the QuadTone site about updated profiles.

• 2. Re: Quadtone ICC print profiles not found in CS6
            jjcalvo Level 1

Thanks for he reply.  The problem is that the color mode of the printer  is

the same in CS5  and it sees the profile while CS6 does not.

• 3. Re: Quadtone ICC print profiles not found in CS6
              Jeff Schewe Level 5

jjcalvo wrote:

The problem is that the color mode of the printer  is the same in CS5  and it sees the profile while CS6 does not.

What Chris wrote was about CS6 pre-filtering only the appropriate output profiles based on the color space of the printer. CS5 didn't do this...

• 4. Re: Quadtone ICC print profiles not found in CS6
                HVGiclee

I am trying to get to the bottom of some differences between photoshop 5 & 6. This post allows me to bring up my previous beta post:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4291149#4291149

I am curious to know if there are some new rules in CS6 with sending printing through the colorsync (apple) pipeline. Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 6.08.23 PM.jpg

The above image shows that photoshop may be calling on colorsync to find attached profiles. My 9880 has no attached profiles by my other printed had this in the color sync area. It seems to me there is a lock down on the profiles to be used. This at least is my current standing interpretation based on other forums reading.

But the other question is the profiles below the line. Where are they stored and where can I add my custom profiles to that list. Based on my previous beta post, I still believe there is a different policy on how adobe works in the printing pipeline. Ive been printing fine art large format prints for about 4.5 years always using photoshop as the color handler. It seems now the big boys at apple are trying to further their control by looping this through colorsync (if im correct).

I know the last post on the beta page, I was asked to provide the profiles in question:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8vl1ql6dypxngn5/NiMrBSLiO1

Those are my profiles I am using now. My machine is the latest Mac OS and latest epson 9880 drivers.

Ill supply any more information to get to the bottom of this strange issue.