1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2012 1:29 AM by [Jongware]

"Incomplete font" warning when packaging a file in InDesign CS5.5?

jowillis79

When I package a file, any fonts that appear with an "incomplete font" warning, are not collected. But these fonts aren't incomplete at all—I have installed them from the file that I purchased from Linotype (Helvetica Neue). Can someone please tell me how to make this warning go away and have InDesign recognise that the font is in fact complete?

• 1. Re: "Incomplete font" warning when packaging a file in InDesign CS5.5?
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

"Helvetica Neue" ... are you working on a Mac?

I'm asking this because Mac OS X comes with a Helvetica Neue installed -- in fact it's part of the required System set. But Apple decided the font was not good enough as it was, and made a couple of changes to it to make it work "better", and in doing so they broke a couple of things that fonts need to get printed correctly. So everyone's advice is to steer well away from using the System version of Helvetica Neue on a Mac.

Which brings me back to your assertion

jowillis79 wrote:

I have installed them from the file that I purchased from Linotype (Helvetica Neue).

as I suggest you very carefully and thouroughly double- then triple-check that you are, in fact, using your own Helvetica Neue instead of the system one.