14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 2:29 PM by gardie10

I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD

gardie10

I use Premiere Elements 10 in my iMac OS lion vers. 10.7.2

I have 250 Gb free on my hard disc. The movie I try to burn is between 3-4 Gb

When starting to burn my movie to a DVD the following is seen in order on the screen:

Encoding Menu 2 of 2

Computing Media

Burning disks 1 of 1

and then it burns (at the end pretty quickly) to 99% and stay there.

I get an error code:

Internal software error: /Users/labuser/premiere/elements/molecules/pre10-bullseye/molecule-17/External/AuthorScri pt/Source/DVDCreator/FormatLib/Ma.....

When I look on the DVD, it looks like nothing has been burnt to the DVD.

What can be wrong?

gardie10

• 1. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
          nealeh Level 5

Not really enough information to diagnose take a look here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started

gardie10 wrote:

Internal software error: /Users/labuser/premiere/elements/molecules/pre10-bullseye/molecule-17 /External/AuthorScript/Source/DVDCreator/FormatLib/Ma.....

That error message is pointing at an awfully long file path (something PRE is not too good with). Are you storing your files on a network drive (something else PRE is not too good with)?

Try copying your project folder to a short path name folder. When you first open the project copy it will ask you where the first missing file is. Navigate to it and then PRE should find the rest automatically.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More on long file names/paths

Long File Names or odd characters cause problems

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/588273

And #4 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/666558

And This Message Thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/665641

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, in addition to John T's observations, did you add a Stop Marker to the end of your Timeline? If you did, remove that, and try again.

At this point, while troubleshooting the Project, I would Burn to Folder, and then test that in a DVD software player. This will save creating "coasters," until you can sort out the problem.

I would also list which Menu Sets you are using, and probably do a screen-cap of your Timeline, so that others can see the placement of your Markers, etc.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                gardie10 Level 1

I forgot to tell you that I have burnt the movie to a Folder and when I tested it in my DVD software player it worked perfect.

I know I should not use a stop marker at the end of the movie. It is not any stop marker there in my movie.

• 5. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                  nealeh Level 5

gardie10 wrote:

I forgot to tell you that I have burnt the movie to a Folder

That being the case try and find an alternative burning product that lets you set the burn speed, and burn at no more than x4.

Many of us here use the free ImgBurn as their primary burning software - but it's Windows only.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale

• 6. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Great. You are ahead of the game with that VIDEO_TS folder.

I will second Neale's suggestion for ImgBurn. It is a great little utility.

I also recommend using high-quality blank media, such as Verbatim, Taiyo-Yuden or Falcon Pro, and burning at less than max speed. I use fairly slow (by today's standards) media, and burn speeds around 2x.

I would also check to see if your multi-drive/burner mfgr. has a newer firmware. If you find newer firmware, be SURE to read and follow the installation instructions 100%.

Usually, a firmware, or blank media error will be a "SenseCode" error, though not always.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                      nealeh Level 5

Bill Hunt wrote:

I will second Neale's suggestion for ImgBurn. It is a great little utility.

Gardie10 is on a Mac so won't be able to use ImgBurn, hence my recommendation that (s)he looks for something Mac that lets hime/her set the burn speed.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale

• 8. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale,

Yes, that's correct. Had forgotten their OS.

Thanks, and other than Toast, I do not know what is available for the Mac, but would assume that there are many such programs.

Hunt

• 9. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                          gardie10 Level 1

I use the Meny set "tropical vacation" in several movies, because I am from Sweden and love to have vacation in your wonderful Florida.

gardie10 is an old man from Gothenburg in Sweden.

I don't know how to do a screen cap. Can you tell me?

I have used Verbatim DVD but not blank. I will buy and try blank Verbatim.

I also can tell you that I have succeded to burn some of my movies (which are about the same as the other not successful ones).

gardie10

• 10. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                            nealeh Level 5

gardie10 wrote:

I also can tell you that I have succeded to burn some of my movies (which are about the same as the other not successful ones).

It does seem as though it is a problem with the blanks. Report back after trying with one of recommended manufacturers.

If you still have problems then you need to report back with the information requested in the link I gave yu at reply 1.

Cheers,
                            --
                            Neale

• 11. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is one workflow for producing screen-caps: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30

Good luck,

Hunt

• 12. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                                gardie10 Level 1

I still have trouble with burning my movies to DVD.

Have tried the following:

Found that I had "-" in many of my file names (clips). I removed them from the file names, but this had no effect.

I moved my entire project folder to a shorter path folder. This had no effect.

I have not managed to find blank DVDs on sale here in Gothenburg, but will try to buy them online.

I have four movies that I want to burn on DVD discs.
                                Have succeeded in burning two of them.
                                I've tried to find what distinguishes between the two that are OK and the two that I have not succeeded with. They are all at about the same size, about 27-29 minutes long.
                                The clips are .m2ts and .mts files.
                                In one of the movies that are OK, all the clips are .m2ts files. In the second movie (that is OK), most of the clips are .m2ts files, but also there are .mts files.
                                In the other two movies that are not OK, it's a mix of .m2ts and .mts files.

When I try to burn the two movies which failed, I get the same course as I showed earlier (with an error code).

I must admit that I was wrong when I previously wrote that I could burn all the movies to my hard drive. The ones I can not burn to DVD, I can not burn to my hard drive.

gardie10

• 13. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                                  nealeh Level 5

gardie10 wrote:

The ones I can not burn to DVD, I can not burn to my hard drive.

OK - that sounds like a more fundamental PRE related problem.

• You should give us the information requested in the Got A Problem link in Reply 1 - especially the details of your project setting, details of the codecs used within those .mts & .m2ts clips, and a screenshot of your timeline.
                                  • Also work your way through PrE Hanging, or Crashing - Some Tips

Cheers,
                                  --
                                  Neale

• 14. Re: I get an error code when burning a movie to DVD
                                    gardie10 Level 1

All of my above problems in my post are solved.

By coincidence, I read somewhere in the forum where Steve Grisetti responded to a post the following about menu and stop markers:

"The distance between a stop marker and the next following menu marker on the timeline should be at least one second"

These distances were in my films almost always much less than a second.
                                    When I extended these distances to more than one second on the timeline, the burn to DVD's worked without any problems.

How such a simple error could give me so much troubles.

Anyhow thank you all for your help.

I have also bought "The Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 10"

I really want to thank Steve Grisetti for a very well written and good guide. Has got numerous and very good tips.