4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 9:11 PM by the_wine_snob

Blurry Photos

Neweditor16 Level 1

Still motion video and it is not blurry when I press the play button, but when I press play the pictures all go blurry, and when I stop the video the clear photo returns, I need help! I'm only 14 years old, so do not try to confuse me, and really explain what you are talking about. Thanks!

-Neweditor16

• 1. Re: Blurry Photos
          the_wine_snob Level 9

What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of those Imported Still Images? The PPI, and DPI are not meaninful for Still Images to be used in Video - only the hight and width in pixels matters. This ARTICLE will give you a lot more detail about using Still Images in Premiere.

When using Still Images, PrE is basically creating Video out of those Still Images, so when they have been dragged to the Timeline, there will be red lines above those. To get the best playback, one will need to Render the Timeline. This ARTICLE explains Rendering the Timeline.

Next, does your Project include ONLY Still Images, or do you also have Video too? The reason that I ask is that there are two different ways to approach things at New Project, but it depends on if you have Video, or not.

Last, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-form, and I am going to try to move your posts out to the main PrE forum, so that more people will see them. Here, they are basically lost, as it is a repository for articles on how to do things better in Premiere, and not really to solve problems.

Good luck, and if you cannot find either of your posts here, look for them out in the main Premiere Elements form.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Blurry Photos
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, see my answer here about Rendering your Timeline.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1013534?tstart=0

• 3. Re: Blurry Photos
              Neweditor16 Level 1

Hi Bill,

The pixel dimensions of the photos I am using for my still motion picture video are 4320 x 3240, what do I do now to fix this without spending lots of money on more editing programs?

Thanks,

Neweditor16

• 4. Re: Blurry Photos
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Scale those overly-large Still Images to about the dimensions of your Project's Frame Size, in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements. There is nothing to be gained by using such large Images, and much to be lost. See this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt