14 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2012 4:03 PM by nealeh

Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu

AlanStancliff02 Level 1

I have 3 projects I'd like to burn to a DVD complete with a menu. I searched the discussions and found this thread. One contributor suggested to "Export/Share each Project to DV-AVI" I could not see where that could be done in the menus. I am using Version 10 of Adobe Premiere Elements

I also have those 3 projects exported as MP4 files if that would make this task any easier.

Regards,

Alan

• 1. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Use Share/Computer/AVI with the DV preset to output each video as an AVI.

Then start a new project, using the project settings for DV, import all of those videos and place them end-to-end on your timeline.

Add a menu marker at the beginning of each scene and a stop marker at the end of each (except the last one). Then output your DVD.

To your viewer, this will appear to be three separate videos.

• 2. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
            the_wine_snob Level 9

You do the Export/Share for the individual Projects without the Menus. Then, you assemble them into one "master Project," and add the Menus there, to be authored to a DVD.

The DVD-specs. will not allow you to have more than one Project with Menus, so to do what you are directly asking about, you would need to author three DVD's, each with the Menus and navigation.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
              AlanStancliff02 Level 1

Thank you Bill Hunt and Steve Grisetti. Your suggestions seemed to have worked for me. I'm not thrilled with the limited choice of menus, but perhaps that's something I can deal with at another time.

Again, thanks for the help.

Regards,

Alan

• 4. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Alan,

Glad that it worked for you.

When you say "limited Menus," I wonder if you have installed the full compliment of Additional Functional Content, which has about 85 Menus (though some users are not really impressed by some, like the few for "Business"), in several different sets. If you do have the Additional Functional Content, but are looking for more Menus, you find some to your likeing at Muvipix.com. IIRC, the Menus there for a very nominal fee (same for the stock motion footage, etc.), but free to download, if one is a subscriber to Muvipix. There are several subjects represented in their Menu offerings.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                  AlanStancliff02 Level 1

Hi Bill,

I saw that I had the opportunity to download a bunch of stuff, but it seems Adobe wanted me to download their downloader. When I declined to add yet another piece of software with limited utility to my computer so that I could be subjected to more marketing, I was offered a chance to download it using an alternative (i.e., my browser). But the only additional material I saw for download was 32-bit, and I have 64-bit version of Premiere Elements.

I'm wondering, is there a 64-bit version of that additional stuff? If so, can I download it without installing their downloader?

Regards,

Alan

• 6. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Both Windows versions of version 10 use the same content and installer, Alan. There is not 64-bit version of the content.

• 7. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Alan,

As Steve poiints out, the Additonal Functional Content is mainly PSD's for Menus, PRTL (Premiere Title Templates), and then some Instant Movies/Themes (sorry, but cannot recall the file extensions of those).

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                        AlanStancliff02 Level 1

I downloaded 2 files. One was an executable called "PremiereElements_10_Content_ALL_LS15.exe" and the other was a 7Z file called "PremiereElements_10_Content_ALL_LS15.7z." When I unzipped that, it had a bunch of files, including a setup.exe along with 6 sub-folders, each with a bunch of stuff.

Is the "PremiereElements_10_Content_ALL_LS15.exe" just package of the same content in "PremiereElements_10_Content_ALL_LS15.7z"? Maybe later on tonight, I'll just run the exe and see what happens.

The exe downloaded really quickly and the 7z took about 25 minutes.

Regards,

Alan

• 9. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Alan,

I have never installed from a download, so am not an expert in that regard, but if I understand correctly, the EXE will launch/Extract the 7z, which is the actual content, "ZIPPED" into an archive file. That Extraction should un-ZIP the 7z with the full folder structure, including all files.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                            AlanStancliff02 Level 1

I actually installed Premiere Elements 10 from a disk I got at OfficeMax (a retail chain here in the USA). I wonder if I should try to find that stuff on one of the distribution disks instead of using the download. What do you or anyone else know about this?

Regards,

Alan

• 11. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Alan,

Did you purchase the bundle with both Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements?

If just PrE, there should be 5 discs, IIRC. Disc 1 should be the Windows 32-bit version, Disc 2 should be the Windows 64-bit version, Disc 3 should be the Mac version, Disc 4 should be the Windows Additional Functional Content and Disc 5 should be the Mac Additional Functional Content - I think that is correct, but if not, someone will be by in a moment to set me straight.

I would definitely look to Disc 4, to see if that IS the Windows Additional Functional Content, and install from there.

Did you install the 32-bit, or the 64-bit version of PrE (you are on Windows, right?)? The reason that I ask this is that some users have had issues with the Additional Functional Content installation, with the 64-bit version of PrE. This THREAD might be just such a problem, and there are several linked threads in my replies. Not sure if this is a problem with the Adobe installation process, or something else.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 12. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                                nealeh Level 5

Yes, you only need to run the .exe file. It will then install the content (in the .7z file) to the correct place.

Actually the Akamai downloader works well. When my copper broadband was only running at 896kbps I would have been lost without it. Fortunately FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet) broadband finally reached my village earlier this month so I immediately switched providers and now have 55Mbps. What used to take me 15 hours to download now takes around 20 minutes (yippee).

Cheers,
                                --
                                Neale
                                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 13. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                                  AlanStancliff02 Level 1

Thanks Nealeh, Bill and Steve.

Bill, I did not get Photoshop Elements as I did not have the money and I already have Corel Paintshop and Xara Pro. I believe that Xara Pro saves files in PDS format, and I've played with the idea of trying to create a menu template. But that's for the future. It sounds a bit daunting.

I have the 5 disks you described, and I'll check them out later. I read the link you gave me, and it in turn had some other links, which I also read. I am using Windows 7 64-bit. From looking at the threads, it appears that the installer puts the extra content in the (86) folder, and that is at least partly why Premiere Elements has trouble finding it. Someone in one of those threads just merged the folders in the (86) program folder to the regular program folder. Here's how they summed it up in this thread.

Monet Admirer  wrote on May 4, 2012:
                                  Since the content was installed in Program files (x86), I moved the content to the Program Files/Adobe Premiere Elements 10 folder. It merged the content items into the existing folders. Then I turned off the error message telling me that I did not have the content. Seems to be working fine and I now have all the content loading when I start the program.

If that indeed is the case, this would suggest that there is a programming error in the Extra Content utility, which should check to see if the OS is 64 bit, if the Premiere Elements installation is 64 bit, and then if these conditions are met, the installation script should place the folders  correct spot.

I'll check it all out later this evening after work.

Regards,

Alan

• 14. Re: Burn DVD with 3 videos and menu
                                    nealeh Level 5

Program in [Program Files] and Templates in [Program Files (x86)] works just fine. The only issue I ever had with Adobe and [Program Files] v [Program Files (x86)] was in connection with the Inspiration Browser where it became necessary to copy the Folder from one to the other.

2.png

Cheers,
                                    --
                                    Neale
                                    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children