I'm new on ePub, my test is base on one of my published accounting book which have a lot of tables and indents, tabs. I use inDesign CS6 to make this book to ePub version and view it by iPad - use ibook reader .. I guest. Overall is great but body-text's indents and tabs are not work. All tables, images are fluctuated. I have some questions as follow :
1. How to let all indents and tabs as show on inDesign CS6 to show on ePub ?
2. How to make transparent table (set cell and table stroke to be none or white color) on ePub, cause my ePub version, all table show black stroke even set it to none on inDesign ?
3. How to control tables width shown in ePub (tables show great on inDesign but not on ePub) ?
4. How to set images place on center on ePub version since it always align left (images are set to align center and on "image alignment on ePub export option" align centre be checked) ?
5. I use Adobe Digital Edition reader and it show same result, Do I have to use another device for my view testing or look for another ebook reader app ?
1. The concept of "Tab" does not work in ePubs, as it is entirely based on HTML. HTML does support first-line indenting through CSS, but InDesign does not create the proper CSS codes for it.
2. HTML does support table border coloring through CSS, but InDesign does not create the proper CSS codes for it.
3. HTML does support setting table widths, but InDesign does not create the proper HTML codes for it.
4. HTML does support centering or right-aligning images. I don't know why your attempt does not work -- I guess InDesign does not create the proper HTML codes for it.
5. The Adobe Digital Edition viewer is less than stellar. Rely on your iPad instead.
To properly "fix" all of the above, you need to post-edit the exported ePub; use Google to locate proper instructions and software for this.