3 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2012 12:21 PM by TradeWind

Frustrated depressed and somewhat annoyed...

chazbda

Firstly i would like to apologize if i have posted this in the wrong forum... I have tried to find the right contact info from adobe's

site but I keep getting stuck in the loop of infinite help...that is not really helpful

I am a loyal Adobe premiere and production suite user... and like many in my industry I am transient with my work..going from one country to another.. My main domicils

Are Bermuda the United States and Cayman islands... I have recently attempted to upgrade my suite to version CS6 and even though I have a US address and a credit card that is registered at that US address I am unable to make any purchases  I am not sure what the problem is... I have checked with the bank and there is no problem... and in fact any other company on the planet has no problem with my card except Adobe... and adobe wont tell me what that problem is????

next step....If I cant download and upgrade from adobe then lets visit one of the many retail stores... no one has it in stock???? and know one appears to have a date when it will be in stock....

Now at the same time if one takes a tour of the torrents one can quickly find numerous versions of the suite to download... being an honest chappy I prefer to do things the legit way.... piracy only kills software development as I am sure Adobe would agree.....

Can someone at adobe please provide me with the email address of somone who is interested in my story and help me solve this problem.....

sadly I feel that this message will be lost in the abyss of help never to be heard or responded to

Charles Reilly

long time user of all things adobe

• 1. Re: Frustrated depressed and somewhat annoyed...
          TradeWind Level 3

Have you tried calling Adobe sales on the phone? That's really the first thing you should do. I believe it's a toll free number. Give them a call and let us know what you find out.

And, for the record...................

YES, pirated software kills development and also users' computers. Let's just say someone was nice enough to not load you up with viruses on a torrent, which would be unusual in many cases. You'd still probably end up with a terrible copy of the software, giving you fits sometimes as you wondered why Adobe released such a broken piece of software, never realizing that it was just that crappy pirated piece of hack you downloaded.

The user forums are littered with users who post about some random problems with the software that very few other users have encountered, and many times it quickly becomes apparent that they're not using Adobe software at all, but just some hacked together piece of beta code that might have originally been dev'd by Adobe but is no longer their software.

Of course, there are those of us for whom it never even really occurs to check the interwebs for pirated software, just like many people might never check to see if the clerk was looking before walking out of a store with physical goods not paid for. Funny how things work differently on the anonymous web than they do in real life.

• 2. Re: Frustrated depressed and somewhat annoyed...
            chazbda Level 1

I concur with your views on piracy... however adobe must do a better job of distributing its product..... as a willing paying customer I should not be running into these problems..

and for the record I spent an hour on the live chat system making my purchase only to receive and email 24 hours later stating my order has been refused.....willl I have any better luck

on the phone... I say that not in sarcasm rather I dont want my time wasted

charles

• 3. Re: Frustrated depressed and somewhat annoyed...
              TradeWind Level 3

chazbda wrote:

and for the record I spent an hour on the live chat system making my purchase only to receive and email 24 hours later stating my order has been refused.....willl I have any better luck

on the phone... I say that not in sarcasm rather I dont want my time wasted

The phone call would probably be more productive. The live chat is useful for basic stuff, but they are not terribly knowledgeable on sales or support, from my own experience.

Not that the phone folks are rocket scientists, but they seem to be a step up from live chat.