5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 5:18 AM by federico platon

Language Dictionary

vijayanpvl

Hi all,

Is there any possible to disable all other language dictionaries except german: 2006 reform in InDesign CS4 MAC

thanks

vijayan r

• 1. Re: Language Dictionary
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I don't know about disabling other dictionaries, but ID should oonly be using dictionaries for to check speeing and hyphenation for laguages assigned to text inthe document. If the text is all assigned German: Reform 2006, that's the dictionary that should be in use.

• 2. Re: Language Dictionary
            vijayanpvl Level 1

To restrict the incorrect hyphenation dictionaries apply for texts

I have tried to delete the files from "User\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Linguistics\Dictionaries" folder. But the languages are shown in "Language" options in InDesign.

• 3. Re: Language Dictionary
              vijayanpvl Level 1

is there possible to do this

• 4. Re: Language Dictionary
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm afraid I don't really understand what you are asking. If your language applied to text is correct, the correct dictionary will be used.

Note that this is NOT the same as selecting a dictionary in the preferences -- that's only for choosing which vendor to use if more than one dictionary is install for a particular language. To set the actual language of text you do it at the Character level, preferably as part of your paragraph style defintition. To make german the default language, set it in [Basic Paragraph] and in the language dropdown of either the Character panel or Control panel when no text cursor is active.

• 5. Re: Language Dictionary
                  federico platon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think the question should be:

How to remove languages available in InDesign? In order to open the language list and do not see many of them, or just the couple ever used.