5 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2012 11:22 AM by Steve Grisetti

How do I make HD menus on a BD?

Mikeczy1

I"m burning to BD.  The video burns as HD and looks fine.  But the menus look SD (or worse).  I started with a standard HD menu template given with PE9.  Can PE9 burn HD menus to BD?  This has happened on every project I've done.

• 1. Re: How do I make HD menus on a BD?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Make sure that the menu template you're applying is HD.

You'll know because the template has a little "HD" in the upper right corner.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I make HD menus on a BD?
            Mikeczy1 Level 1

Steve:  Thanks for the response.  Yes the menu template I used had the HD markers.  Also, the menu works fine, but looks poor. One might think that the text should at least come out OK.  However, all text edges are pixilated. My first thought is that this is a bug in vs. 9.  I'd be curious if anyone out there has been able to sucessfully create a HD menu on a BD.  If so, then I would know that I'm doing something wrong.

• 3. Re: How do I make HD menus on a BD?

Are you judging the final results by watching it on an HDTV hooked up to a BluRay player?

Things are going to look very different when you play them on a computer -- especially if your monitor is set to a higher resolution than 1920x1080.

• 4. Re: How do I make HD menus on a BD?
                Mikeczy1 Level 1

Steve:  Yes. I'm basing the quality on what the burned BD looks like when played on a BD player hooked up to a HD television.  I had the same problem when I finished my first PE9 BD project a few months ago.  I thought I must have done something wrong.  So I was extra careful this time not to miss anything when I created and saved the menu.  However, the same poor results occured.

I found a notice on an Adobe "known problems" information page which warns that SD menus will look poor when burned to a BD. This would imply that you need to use HD menus.  However, even thouth I chose a menu template with the little HD marker shown, I got poor results.

• 5. Re: How do I make HD menus on a BD?

Hopefully someone who's had a similar issue with chime in with their solutions. This is nothing that I've experienced.