3 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2012 11:13 AM by johnderekvvanwyk

freezes

johnderekvvanwyk

I have been using CS5 for several years, without problems. Now, when I preview a project, the program stops running for no apparent reason.

This happens with any project.

When I select a project, the program always opens a "where is *.jpg"  file ?

When I select skip. the project comes up.

There are several projects awaiting completion and export to Encore.

There are 50B available on drive C, and 190GB available on  drive E.

There are issues with my HP Presario desk top computer also. Should I try to get those resolved before working on Premiere Pro CS5 ?

All resoponses will be carefully examined.

Thanks !

• 1. Re: freezes
          Bruce Bullis Adobe Employee

> Now, when I preview a project, the program stops running for no apparent reason.

I don't know what 'preview' means, above—do you mean you can't open any projects, at all? It seems like PPro CS5 is encountering missing footage; perhaps you moved the footage files since the project was last saved.

> Should I try to get those resolved before working on Premiere Pro CS5 ?

[Think you mean CS6]

If you know of issues with your system, fixing them is probably a good idea. CS6 will still need to find a project's missing footage. Try the trial, and see whether you get different behavior.

• 2. Re: freezes
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... click these links and provided the

requested information
            -http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840
            -http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679

• 3. Re: freezes
              johnderekvvanwyk Level 1

I have carefully reviewed the items that should be included in my question. Briefly, checking for updates gets the message "program is up to date"

I have disabled the sound scheme for opening a file and closing a file. Those sounds were always present when the playback was stopped. Clicking

on "start" in the Program window resulted in a brief play then it stops again.

I have checked Windows for problems, using an 88 minute Smart Scan, which came up with No Problems.

Would it be helpful to reload CS5 Premiere Pro from the internet ? If so, how do I get to that point ?

I am willing to pay for tech support via Adobe Access to my computer.

Thank you for your informative message re Asking Questions

John Van Wyk