Also, can you post a screen-cap of what you are seeing, along with a view of the Timeline, showing the CTI (Current Time Indicator/Playhead), over the Clip that is displaying the pixelation?
That, plus the info, that John T. referenced, just might help us solve this issue.
thnx, and sorry, I will get more info to you, appreciate your help. I can't imagine that you can't just guess my OS??? LOL
IN GOD WE TRUST
IIRC, PrE 9 went X-platform, and as it was still a 32-bit only program, could be run on any number of Mac OS's, or Windows XP,Vista or Win7 (32-bit,or64-bit).
Good luck, and please let us know some more.
Ok-lets see if I give enough info...also I can't recall how to show an image of my timeline and I don't know how to find the codecs for the clip\\
It’s not PE Pro, I’m using PE9 Updated to PE9.01
OS Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz 2.4 GHz
less than 50% of 1TB C/drive is used
NVIDIA video card w/updated driver
- What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime". I don’t know how to find this info
- If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)? occasionally “a serious problem has acured and PE will be shut down. We will make an attempt to save your project.” (almost word for word)
- What were you doing when the problem occurred? This happens during preview and/or when I’m actually working on the video. I have taken raw footage and would look great until I rendered it or burned to DVD, then it becomes pixilated (random areas of the video, not the whole video) and stays that way.
- Has this ever worked before? Yes, it just started doing this out of the blue, with no other problems
- What other software are you running? No other video software. I close everything before working on video
- Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? No-don’t think so
- Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU). I do have Black Armour HDD but have not been using them, I’ve been working straight from the c-drive.
- Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration? no
- Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both? Both
>don’t know how to find this info
Read Bill Hunt on a file type as WRAPPER http://forums.adobe.com/thread/440037
What is a CODEC... a Primer http://forums.adobe.com/thread/546811
What CODEC is INSIDE that file? http://forums.adobe.com/thread/440037
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... a screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing
Do you have a red line over the time line when you 1st import the video?
If yes, your project is wrong for your video