1 Reply Latest reply on May 30, 2012 7:03 PM by stevehaskin@att.net

Both CS6: Trouble exporting to Premiere from After Effects?

M The Avatar

Hello. I'd like to start off by saying that I am new to the community and new to using this software, so please pardon if I come off as ignorant. However, I need help urgently.

I am trying to export an After Effects project into Adobe Premiere (using File -> Export -> Adobe Premiere Pro Project). I am coming up with the following error message when I try to open it using Premiere:

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type".

I would think that my Premiere preferences would be irrelevant as I cannot even access them unless I have a project opened. However, here are my project settings for After Effects:

• Time Display Style:
        • Timecode
          • Use Media Source

• Color Settings:
        • Depth: 8 bits per channel
        • Working Space: none  (could this potentially be the issue?)

• Audio Settings:
        • Sample Rate: 48.000 kHz

---

All of the video files used are .mp4.

---

I will be willing to rapidly provide more information if necessary. Thanks in advance for helping out.

• 1. Re: Both CS6: Trouble exporting to Premiere from After Effects?
          stevehaskin@att.net Level 1

Don't export!

Open your Premiere Pro project, go to File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects Compositon. Then navigate to the aep file, select the compositon and it will import the AE link into your pronect bin. Then you can change the file in AE and when you save, the changes will show in PPro. There seems to be a bug with the dynamiclink.exe server that won't show the compositon as rendered on the timeline. I'm hoping Adobe will fix it soon as I've reported it on the bug site.