2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2012 4:51 AM by Steve Grisetti

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 DVD Menu

TwistedMidnight

I read somewhere that I could make a DVD menu, in Adobe Elements for Adobe Premire Elements 10, but I am having troubling figuring out how to do so. Dose anyone know if there is a written or video tutorial for making a dvd template in Adobe Photoshop Elements 10? As that would really help me out, and I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 DVD Menu
          the_wine_snob Level 9

The Menu Sets in PrE are very involved, as PrE does a lot of semi-automatic authoring, so things have to be done a very specific way. This ARTICLE links to a thread in the Photoshop Forum, where I discuss the naming conventions, etc..

When on is working with PrE Menu Sets, I have several recommendations:

• Only start with, and Save Copies of the Menu Sets.
          • Keep one of the Menu Set Templates handy, as a reference.
          • Remember that Photoshop can both create and edit Layer Sets (the structure of Buttons), while PSElements can only edit them, and not create them, unless something was changed with PSE 10.
          • Sub-picture Highlights (the Button "activation" part), can only be 2-bit, and cannot have any FX.
          • The Layer, and the PSD naming conventions are extremely important. Those special characters are what make the Menu Set work.
          • When done, Save into a new folder, withing the DVD Template folder hierarchy, and also do the PNG files, just like the DVD Templates have, so you can see them in PrE.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I think that Steve Grisetti covers a lot of this in his PrE and PSE book.

• 2. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 DVD Menu
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That's correct. I walk you through the process and show you all of the pitfalls in my Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements combined book.

http://Muvipix.com/pe10.php