10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 10:22 PM by Flex harUI

limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)

ne_polle Level 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to fill a box with a color.

The size of the box is as a set it (20000px), but the colored area is clipped by the default maxheight of 10000px.

How could I get a box completly filled up with the choosen color?

<mx:Canvas id="container1" width="1000" height="500" backgroundColor="0x009999" >

<mx:Box id="box" width="100" height="20000" x="100" y="100" backgroundColor="0x00ff00" maxHeight="20000" />

</mx:Canvas>

thanks for any advice

Julia

• 1. Re: limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Change the maxHeight of the container.

• 2. Re: limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)
            ne_polle Level 1

Hi

thanks for the answer.

I changed the maxHeight of each container and nothing changed.

When you copy paste the following code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"

minWidth="955" minHeight="600"

maxHeight="20000"

>

<mx:Canvas id="container1" x="200" y="300" width="1000" height="500" backgroundColor="0x009999"  maxHeight="20000">

<mx:Box id="box" width="100" height="20000" x="100" y="100" backgroundColor="0x00ff00" maxHeight="20000" minHeight="20000" />

</s:Application>

and scroll down till the end of the Canvas you will see that the Box is'nt complitly filled with the choosen color.

maybee another advice???

• 3. Re: limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)

It looks like the skin has background rectangles with the default maxHeight of 10000.  You will need to modify the skin for at least the Box.

• 4. Re: limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)
                Sainath.B

Thanks for the answer. I am even stuck with the same problem. Could solve this in Flex 4 using below lines of code

<s:BorderContainer skinClass="skins.BorderContainerSkin" /> where BorderContainerSkin has

<s:Group id="contentGroup" maxHeight="{Infinity}" maxWidth="{Infinity}"/>

How do we do the same thing in Flex 3? How to write skin for the box in the code snippet given by ne_polle?

Please help, I am using Flex 3.0

Thanks in advance

• 5. Re: limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)

Post the smallest test case that reproduces your problem.

• 6. Re: limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)
                    Sainath.B Level 1

Hello there,

Sorry should have been more clear : Please refer the code snippet that ne_polle posted above after changing Canvas's maxHeight to "20000". You said "You will need to modify the skin for at least the Box."  We could do this in Flex 4 and it works but how exactly do you mean to skin the Box in Flex 3??

Sorry but my Eng is poor.

Thanks in anticipation of a solution

• 7. Re: limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)

You said you are using Flex 3.  Please provide a small case that uses Flex 3.  The test case posted is using s:Application and is therefore tied to Flex 4.

• 8. Re: limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)
                        ne_polle Level 1

In my case I could solve my problem, by using the graphics drawing option.

I don't know if this is the best choice, but it works well.

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"

minWidth="955" minHeight="600"

maxHeight="20000" initialize="init()"

>

<fx:Script>

<![CDATA[

private function init():void {

box.clipContent = false;

box.graphics.clear();

box.graphics.beginFill(0x0000ff);

box.graphics.drawRect(0,0, 100, 20000);

box.graphics.endFill();

}

]]>

</fx:Script>

<mx:Canvas id="container1" x="200" y="300" width="1000" height="500" backgroundColor="0x009999"  maxHeight="20000">

<mx:Box id="box" width="100" height="20000" x="100" y="100>

</mx:Box>

To the discussion of Flex harUI and Sainath.B:

I don't get eather the meanning of the advice to change something in the skin of the mx:Box.

How could I change the skin?

What do you mean with the keyword "skin" exactly?

• 9. Re: limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)
                          Sainath.B Level 1

Apologies for the mix up, I am using Flex 4 application but MX components only. Following is a sample code for your reference

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx">

<mx:Canvas id="container1" width="1000" height="500" backgroundColor="0x009999"  maxHeight="20000" maxWidth="20000">

<mx:Box id="box" width="20000" height="20000" backgroundColor="0x00ff00" maxHeight="20000" maxWidth="20000"/>

The problem is we cannot change the MX components to Spark component. And we can't use the above solution provided by ne_polle in our case. Thanks ne_polle anyways for sharing the solution.

• 10. Re: limits of containers (maxHeight=10000)

If you are using the Spark theme, then you need to alter the skins as the internal pieces have maxHeights as well.