3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2012 7:07 AM by sonia.robitaille

Tables and cells

sonia.robitaille

Hello

I am presently working on a 350 pages report with 6 different tables that are used often.

These tables have all the same width but different columns.

I made different styles of table, cells paragraphs and everything is fine, my only problem is that by default all the columns are equal and I have to manually adjust the width of every table.

Is it possible to give columns a value in the style sheet that will be applied automatically to every tables ?

I found nothing in the style sheet permitting me to do this

Thank You

• 1. Re: Tables and cells
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Unfortunately you've discovered an ugly truth about tables and styles in ID. Perhaps saving a blank table as a snippet would work?

• 2. Re: Tables and cells
            [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

sonia.robitaille wrote:

I am presently working on a 350 pages report with 6 different tables that are used often.

A short-but-effective Javascript to set all of the columns to a specific width. Adjust the sizes in the "widths" list; make sure to surround each unit with quotes, as shown, and have a comma right after. Save a different version for each of your tables; then make sure the text cursor is inside a table and run the correct script for that one.

app.doScript(function(table)
            {
              widths = [
              "20mm",
              "30mm",
              "3p6",
              "10mm",
            ];
            if (table.hasOwnProperty("baseline")) table = table.parent;
            while (table instanceof Cell || table instanceof Column || table instanceof Row)
              table = table.parent;
            if (table instanceof Table)
            {
              for (i=0; c=table.columns[i],i<table.columns.length; i++)
               c.width = widths[i % widths.length];
            }
            }, ScriptLanguage.JAVASCRIPT, app.selection[0], UndoModes.ENTIRE_SCRIPT, "Resize Table");

• 3. Re: Tables and cells
              sonia.robitaille Level 1

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Bonne journée (have a nice day)!

Sonia

Le 2012-05-31 à 09:26, Peter Spier a écrit :

Re: Tables and cells

created by Peter Spier in InDesign - View the full discussion

Unfortunately you've discovered an ugly truth about tables and styles in ID. Perhaps saving a blank table as a snippet would work?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4453804#4453804

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4453804#4453804. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in InDesign by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Sonia Robitaille  >  Graphiste

Téléphone : 418 266-0707 poste 236  -  Télécopieur : 418 266-0717

Graphiscan  >  L’imprimeur qui fait sa part pour l’environnement !

www.graphiscan.com