1 Reply Latest reply on May 31, 2012 12:42 PM by BennoFlo

StageWebView and iOS - LocationChangeEvent

BennoFlo

Hi All,

I've run into a cross platform issue. Below is my current code for location change handling within my StageWebView.

webView.addEventListener(LocationChangeEvent.LOCATION_CHANGE, handleHrefClick);

webView.addEventListener(LocationChangeEvent.LOCATION_CHANGING, handleHrefClick);

if(Capabilities.version.indexOf("IOS") != -1){

webView.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, handleHrefClickComplete);

}

What I use this for is clicking links within my HTML. For Android, whenever the click occurs, a LocationChangingEvent occurs.

However, in iOS, I get no event. I just receive the following error:

The protocol is not supported.: <myProtocol>://blah/#<ID>

As you can see, I tried capturing Event.COMPLETE for iOS, but to no avail. What is the proper way to capture location change events for iOS?

More Notes:

The reason I have custom URLs that are linked up is to capture the StageWebView's location change, prevent default interaction (going to a custom URL), and parsing the ID from this URL. Then I use the ID to call some javascript functions and do cool things within my StageWebView.

All helpful comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

• 1. Re: StageWebView and iOS - LocationChangeEvent
          BennoFlo Level 1

I fixed the above issue. In this case, the iPhone is reporting an Event.ERROR whenever the unsupported protocol is used. I can parse this error message for my ID and get my desired result.

However, if the protocol was supported and clicked via HREF within a StageWebView, does anyone know the resulting event?

I'll do some testing a bit later for more information.

1 person found this helpful