You just type it in. But the thing you have selected has to be a graphic symbol not a movieclip. I'm guessing that is the problem youa re facing.
I just discovered the very thing you've mentioned. The next problem is, now that I've changed all the frame content to Graphic Files, I cannot change the number.
I have the frame selected and try to input the number, but it just keeps putting "1" in the box.
Ah. I found the problem. My original layer was still labeled as a movieclip. Even though I changed it to a Graphic Symbol in the layer of the three-frame movieclip, I also needed to change the symbol on the original "hair" layer.
Thanks again for the help,
You actually changed the clips on the stage? Just changing it in the library won't change ones that are already place on the stage.The other question is do you have more than one frame?
I haven't used it with armatures so I'm not sure all the tricky places that could get you.
Yes. It appears I changed the ones on the stage. I haven't (directly) touched or modified anything in the library.
I have run into another snag and it has to do with your last question.
I have a three-frame graphic that is playing like a movie. I thought I was to select the desired frame to show the position I wanted the hair to be. Without even getting that far, I set up the last keyframe and scrubbed the time line only to notice the three-frame succession.
One other thing was the webpage link above has these folks doing this with movie clips and not graphic files. Is this because they're working with earlier versions of Flash? Maybe the original files were movie clips and they changed them to graphic files?
More importantly, how do I remedy the problem with the three frames playing in succession?
There was this quote from the webpage: "They are all nested into a master hand symbol and each individual hand pose resides in its own frame. This is so I can control what hand is visible throughout the animation by controlling what frame of the symbol is displayed on the parent timeline." (I added the italics).
I wondering if I'm not correctly "nesting" them.
OK. The webpage seems to be a bit deceiving. I changed everything to "single frame" instead of "loop" in the options for "looping" and the video scrubbs correctly.
I'm going to try creating an animation and see where that leaves me.
Well, that appears to be the answer! I have to fill up the timeline to make sure everything is working correctly, but I seem to be back on track.