8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 2:03 PM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 9 on a PC Smartsounds-Quicktracks

waterworshipper

Seems I have lost my quicktracks that came with this program don't ask me how I don't know! I had them on itunes also and now I can't find any to use to add in the time line help? How do I reinstall smartsound-quicktrack again? Help I am lost speak English please when leaving directions. 

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 on a PC Smartsounds-Quicktracks
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Are the missing files, the SmartSound "music" files, or have you lost the QuickTracks plug-in?

Did you install from physical media, or from downloaded files?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 on a PC Smartsounds-Quicktracks
            waterworshipper Level 1

Bill,

Sorry I haven't a clue what happen? They came with the (I assume ) installation of Premiere Elements 9 CD Rom? There was 15 - 20 tracks files or so at one point I had them filed under "my documents" I didn't purchase any so that's where they had to come from can I download them again? How could I recover them off of the CD Rom with out have to reinstall the whole program?

Here a sample of one sound track on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Yxa6pWjZM

Thanks for Your Support,

Captain Bob Santangelo,

708-261-6759

Licensed United States Coast Guard Captain/Email Me At: krvguideservice@yahoo.com Owner Kankakee River Valley Guide Service

Professional Full-Time Guide & Senior Tackle Design Research & Development Engineer/Midwest Division of www.jerrysflies.com

Check out my web site at http://www.kankakeerivervalleyguideservice.com

Find My Video's on youtube Start by Typing "Kankakee River Valley"   

http://www.youtube.com/

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9 on a PC Smartsounds-Quicktracks
              the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, sounds like you are missing the actual SmartSound files. Those are .SDS files, and will only work within SmartSound, or Sonicfire Pro (either the Express Tracks, or Scoring Edition versions).

Within SmartSound (accessed from Media>New Icon, unless that has moved), you should have Tools>Options>Folders. What is listed there? You should have one folder for the Libraries, etc., and then another for the Music Files, though those can be the same.

Now, at this point, I am guessing a bit, as my PrE (and my PrPro), required that I download the SmartSound plug-in, and install that, but now I believe that SmartSound is a separate installation, from the PrE installation disc. I do not believe that SmartSound installs by default, though it might. I would insert my installation disc, and explore the options. If you have a separate SmartSound installation option, I would use that. Others, with more current versions of PrE can likely either correct me, or give you better instructions.

With SmartSound, one gets the program (QuickTracks), which is a plug-in for PrE, then they get a small compliment of Music files, and their necessary Library files. The program and Libraries are installed in my \\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data, SmartSound, and then my SmartSound Music files (the .SDS files), are installed on an external, as I have about 90% of all of the SmartSound Music, so need a lot of storage space. From the installation disc, there might be a folder for SmartSound Music, and if so, you could just Copy that to the desired location, and then in SmartSound, go to Tools>Options>Folders, and set to that location. If your Libraries are not smurfed, or corrupt, that should do the trick - if directly available, without some sort of installation, or un-ZIPPING of an archive file. If you have the Music files, but your Libraries are not seeing those, then go to the SmartSound>Tools>Internet tab, and choose Update. You will then get the Libraries for all possible Music files. That should "connect" everything, and is useful, should you search for Music, that you do not own, but might need to buy.

I apologize if I am a bit off on exactly how things are done now, but have been using SmartSound for at least a decade, so sort of take some things for granted, and just go to the various menus, and never think about things. It's sort of like trying to give exact directions to go to a location, that you can drive in your sleep - you know exactly where to turn, but to tell someone, is not as easy, as it might seem.

Good luck, and hope that you can get your SmartSound Music back. I would locate it separate from iTunes, or other such programs. The .SDS files cannot play there, but when you create the WAV files in SmartSound, those CAN play there, and elsewhere.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 9 on a PC Smartsounds-Quicktracks
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, maybe someone with the default installation of SmartSound, can tell you exactly what you should have, regarding the Music files. I have not had just the installation default files in so long, that I do not have a clue. Now, I have about 2,000 SmartSound Music files, and cannot recall which were original for either PrE, or even my old Pinnacle Studio 8. Almost immediately, I realized the potential, and started buy their discs, as they were released. It got so bad, that I had to create a spreadsheet, so that, when they had a "sale," I did not order duplicate.

Before I did anything, I would Search my system for *.sds files, just to make sure that some link has not been broken, and those files are not just sitting, waiting for you to use them.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 9 on a PC Smartsounds-Quicktracks
                  waterworshipper Level 1

Thanks Bill for your time I will try this.

Thanks for Your Support,

Captain Bob Santangelo,

708-261-6759

Licensed United States Coast Guard Captain/Email Me At: krvguideservice@yahoo.com Owner Kankakee River Valley Guide Service

Professional Full-Time Guide & Senior Tackle Design Research & Development Engineer/Midwest Division of www.jerrysflies.com

Check out my web site at http://www.kankakeerivervalleyguideservice.com

Find My Video's on youtube Start by Typing "Kankakee River Valley"   

http://www.youtube.com/

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 9 on a PC Smartsounds-Quicktracks
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

You are most welcome, and please report on your progress.

• First, I'd Search the system for .SDS files, hoping that they are on the system.
                    • Then, if so, just adjust the link in the Tools>Options>Folders tab in SmartSound, to reflect that location.
                    • If the material is not showing up, then I would Update the Libraries pointer files.

Also, I hope that someone can chime in with a list of the SmartSound Music, that ships, and installs with PrE 10. With over 150 SmartSound discs, I have not clue what might have shipped with/installed with which program, beyond what I installed from those discs. I could possibly go way back to the original SmartSound, that installed with about Pinnacle Studio 7, or 8, as I saw the Library file from back then, when I was sniffing around my installation, but that is of zero use here.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 9 on a PC Smartsounds-Quicktracks
                      nealeh Level 5

Here are the standard SDS files on my system:

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Wooshes\Airy Whoosh [2058].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Highlights & FX\Bell Accent 1.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Highlights & FX\Bell Accent 2.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Highlights & FX\Bells Wipe.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\Blues To Go 22k.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\Boulevard Funk 22k.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Highlights & FX\Cym Accent.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Cym Crash Long.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Cym Crash Med.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Cym Crash Small.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Cym Crash Splash.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Cymbal Swells\Cymbal Swell 1 [0961].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Cymbal Swells\Cymbal Swell 2 [1355].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Cymbal Swells\Cymbal Swell 3 [0654].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Cymbal Swells\Cymbal Swell 4 [0728].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Cymbal Swells\Cymbal Swell 5 [1252].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Deep Hit 1.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Deep Hit 2.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Wooshes\Fireball Med [0515].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Wooshes\Fireball Quick [0222].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Highlights & FX\Glass Break.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Gong.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Highlights & FX\Harp Ascending.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Highlights & FX\Harp Descending.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Heavy Hit 1.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Heavy Hit 2.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Heavy Hit 3.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Heavy Hit 4.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Heavy Hit 5.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Wooshes\High Whoosh 1 [0301].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Wooshes\High Whoosh 2 [1045].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Wooshes\Highlight Whoosh [1068].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Hit-Swell.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\Island Party 22k.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Laser Hit.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Wooshes\Low Whoosh [0592].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Wooshes\Med Whoosh [0916].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Metal Hit 1.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Metal Hit 2.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Metal Hit 3.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Impacts\Metal Hit 4.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\Movie Logos 22k.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\Mozart Night 22k.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Multiple Drum.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\New Vistas 22k.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Wooshes\Pad Whoosh [1305].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\Piano Sonata 22k.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\Power Drive 22k.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Highlights & FX\Record Scratch.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Highlights & FX\Rim Shot [0377].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Wooshes\Slow Whoosh [1487].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\Subterfuge 22k.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Swell-Hit Heavy [1572].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Swell-Hit Long [0837].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Swell-Hit Low [1428].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Heavy Hits\Swell-Hit Quick [0753].sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files Hits\Highlights & FX\Sync Pop.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\Synergy 22k.sds

C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files\Underwater 22k.sds

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 9 on a PC Smartsounds-Quicktracks
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale,

Great, and thank you for the list. I see that they have added some of their SFX files, as well. Going back to my earlier usages of SmartSound, only a few Music files were included, but they were pretty good one, and very usable.

Appreciated,

Hunt