1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 10:41 AM by Rick Gerard

How can I render Left and Right Eyes separately in cs6 for stereo workflow?

JCBendock

I am working on several projects that will ultimatly be converted to 9-view autostereoscopic footage. I have a 3rd party program that will convert Left/Right eye stereo to N-view. In order to make this work I need to be able to render out my project that uses a 3D stereo rig with full res Left Eye only then right Eye only but still inherit the properties from the stereo rig. I found this workaround by Amir Stone but cant seem to implement it correctly while useing a 3Dn stereo Rig. I am using cs6

This is the direct quote of his mail:

Ok here is a wonky workaround. Its unintuitive, but it should do the trick.
      Create a black solid.
      Set the 3D glasses to difference mode.
      Set the right view to the black solid (leave the left view) and render out the comp to get the left eye.
      Set the left view to the black solid (leave the right view) and render out the comp to get right eye.

It’s not as unintuitive as it sounds and pretty straight forward. I’m confident that the effect will be updated in future versions, but that’s my wild guess.

• 1. Re: How can I render Left and Right Eyes separately in cs6 for stereo workflow?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're making it too hard to render Left and Right eye full sized comps. Create your rig, copy and paste any lighting you have in the main scene into the Left and Right eye comps, then adjust and preview your 3d rig in the Stereo 3D comp using the Stereo 3D controls. Once you're set up correctly simply render the left eye and right eye comps. No messing around. No fuss. Full aperture 3D left and right eye comps that can be combined later on.

Screen Shot 2012-06-01 at 10.34.42 AM.png

BTW, make sure this what you really want to send off to the client. It's not the right format for 3D delivery in the majority of 3D applications.