• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion builder external access during installation

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  When I try to install ColdFusion Builder 2 it needs to access the internet.  I need to create a Enterprise package to release to our departement.  Is there a command that disables it from trying to access the internet. 

This application will be installing during the start up of the computer.  Here we need to enter a password to access the internet.  so the installation won't work.

Thanks

Steph

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

ColdFusion Builder does not need internet access for installation.

It seems to be a different issue. Try giving more details like what exactly is happening, where is the installer getting stuck, for us to help you.

Regards

Maitreya Dwaipayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might not NEED it, but it certainly asks for it.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to install CFBuilder in a system not connected to internet in anyways. I actually tried it just before posting my reply.

I faced no issues whatsoever. Where in the installation process did it ask for internet connection? Did it ask after CFBuilder was installed or did the installation got stuck?

- Maitreya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall when it happened, by my firewall said "oi, what's this thing trying to do?".  I've done about 30 CFB installs, and have variously said "allow" or "don't allow" depending on what I was testing at the time (I was one of the beta testers).  It didn't seem to make any difference.  I suspect it's just CFB trying to "phone home" for some reason.

That said, it wasn't me who was having the original problems, I was just observing that your earlier comment was perhaps glossing over the difference between "needing internet access" and "trying to get internet access".

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah! Wrong choice of word on my part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation