2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2012 11:42 AM by tvenice1234 Branched from an earlier discussion.

render time after installing 11.0.1 update

tvenice

I am experiencing longer render time, I.E. A project that I rendered yesterday before installing the upgrade took 1 hour and fourteen minutes. The identical render with the update has already taken 1 hour and thirty-six minutes and it isn't even half way rendered.

The known issue of problematic ram renders still exists. AE error message asking for at least two frames to render appears frequently even though the work area is much greater that one frame. I can't pinpoint the cause or work-around for this issue. The pre-updated version of AE CS6 would allow me to ram render for a while. When it stopped I quit AE, returned and it would begin again. That doesn't do the trick anymore. I have been working in HD. That may be an issue.

These two issues I see as critical. I can't work with AE CS6 on any jobs that have a tight deadline until they are addressed.

• 1. Re: render time after installing 11.0.1 update
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, wouldn't it be nice if you told us more about your system and your project to put this in context? Sorry to say so, but you're merely ranting away and not offering any concrete info that would allow people to help you, so it's kinda pointless to post such threads in the first place...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: render time after installing 11.0.1 update
            tvenice1234

I hardly consider my statement a rant. But here is the information you requested.

I have a 2008 Mac Pro with 14 gigs of RAM. The OS is 10.6.8. The video board in an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT with 512 MB of RAM.

I spoke of two issues.

1) Render speed. In both cases the render settings were set to the following: CPUs reserved for other applications: 4; RAM allocation per background CPU: 1.5 GB; Actual CPUs that will be used: 4.

2) The second issue - "RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback. The same problem occurs whether  "Render Multiple frames Simultaneously" is selected or not. I tried specifying the work area and selecting "From Current Frame." Both yield the same results.