3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2014 8:14 PM by zambala

Flash CS6 - 'Save As CS5 .fla' doesn't work

doccello

I know that CS6 .fla files aren't backwards compatible. However, even when I chose to save it specifically as a CS5 .fla, I'm unable to open it in CS5. CS5 will tell me "Can't open file because it was made in a different version" or something like that. Is it because I created the .fla in CS6? Please help!

• 1. Re: Flash CS6 - 'Save As CS5 .fla' doesn't work
          doccello Level 1

I forgot to add: CS6 does it recognize it as a CS5 file, so I know I clicked on the right option.

• 2. Re: Flash CS6 - 'Save As CS5 .fla' doesn't work
            Sudeshnasarkar27 Adobe Employee

Hi ,

I tried with a simple Flash project created in Flash CS6 and saved as a Flash CS5 fla file and opened it in Flash CS5 successfully.

So there are some things which I want to know here -

1) Are you using any feature in Flash CS6 which is not present in Flash CS5.

2)The platform used.

3) If possible could you share the flash project created in Flash CS6 or let us know what content is there is the project.

We will get back as soon as we get some more information about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Adobe Flash Professional Team.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Flash CS6 - 'Save As CS5 .fla' doesn't work
              zambala

"1) Are you using any feature in Flash CS6 which is not present in Flash CS5"

If this was the case then the Flash application SHOULD, on attempting to save, warn that there are some CS6 Features present that will not translate to CS5 and either state the caviate that this feature will not work, will be dropped from the file or the save will not execute untill the issue is ammended pointing out were in the file the problem is encountered.

This is usually done with a standart caution symbol in other Adobe products.

1 person found this helpful