4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 7:20 AM by the_wine_snob

HELP! Prem Pro Upload Driver Issues

LiteSwitchTV

Running the 1month trial of Prem Pro CS6 - and still not able to launch.

The exact error message reads:

"Adobe Prem Pro could not find an capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers, and start again."

I run ATI mobility Radeon premium graphics and according to my Samsung Chronos 7 laptop all drivers are up to date.

Any help / advices gratefully recieved. Thank you!!

• 1. Re: HELP! Prem Pro Upload Driver Issues
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to Premiere Pro CS5, CS5.5, & CS6 forum.

• 2. Re: HELP! Prem Pro Upload Driver Issues
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>laptop

1st, do NOT rely on Windows Update when checking drivers... go directly to the ATI site and find your exact model... EXCEPT in the case where Samsung may be one of the vendors that "tweaks" the driver so you may not use a driver direct from ATI

2nd, there is a minimum screen resolution required for Premiere Pro to run

For effective HD video editing, a laptop with the following

-at least the Intel sandy bridge 2720 or 2820 quad processor

-and nvidia graphics preferably the 460m, 485m is a bit much

-1280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0-compatible graphics card

-and 8 or 16 gig ram and Win7 64bit Pro

-and 2 internal 7200 HDDs minimum

• 3. Re: HELP! Prem Pro Upload Driver Issues
              LiteSwitchTV Level 1

Tried doing eatly that. Failed to daownload even from AMD / ATI websites.

Error message stating " Graphics adapter is not supported." Desperately need to get prem pro cs6 running.

ANY advise gratefully received.

• 4. Re: HELP! Prem Pro Upload Driver Issues
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, many laptop mfgrs. rewrite the video drivers, and when they do, the nVidia, or ATI/AMD drivers will not install. Toshiba commonly does this, as do many others. I do not know Samsung, but it appears that they use a proprietary version of the ATI/AMD driver, so you are at their mercy, to issue new drivers. I hope that they are better than Toshiba was, as they seldom issued video driver updates. For about 5 years, I had to use a Web site, to customize the nVidia drivers, to fool the laptop into thinking that it was from Toshiba: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers With that Toshiba Satellite, I was able to update my nVidia drivers, about every month. Do not know if it will work with Samsung, and ATI/AMD drivers though.

Good luck,

Hunt