3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 7:43 AM by rproulxmtl

ACR w/ D800E Curiosity

rproulxmtl Level 1

Just playing with a new D800E and the files open just fine with ACR 6.7.0.339 via Bridge w/CS5.5 as well as with ACR 7.1.0.354 via Bridge w/CS6 (PC/Vista64).

One curious thing I just noticed when setting ACR Workflow Options/Size is that in both ACR versions I'm not offered an option to upsample the image. Normally I would see the native resolution presented in the middle of 7 options, with 3 downsampling options and 3 upsampling options. What I am seeing is the native 36.2 MP resolution diplayed as the highest of 7 options and 6 downsampling options.

Is this lack of any upsampling normal and might this be a 'work in progress' where an upsampling option will be available in a future ACR updates?

Thank you for any info.

Russell

• 1. Re: ACR w/ D800E Curiosity
          MikeKPhoto Level 2

Same with the D800, well would be I suppose as they are the same camera with the "E" version having the filter removed.

Maybe there will be an "upscaling" option in the next release

MK

• 2. Re: ACR w/ D800E Curiosity
            Jeff Schewe Level 5

rproulxmtl wrote:

Is this lack of any upsampling normal and might this be a 'work in progress' where an upsampling option will be available in a future ACR updates?

Yes...as far as upsampling already large captures, ACR/LR often does not offer upsamped resolutions in the normal Workflow Options or Export sizes...the odds are you won't need to upsample very often and most often you'll be dowsampling...this is normal with large MP captures...you can always upsample with Image Size in Photoshop.

• 3. Re: ACR w/ D800E Curiosity
              rproulxmtl Level 1

Thanks Jeff,

That's what I suspected, as doing upsampling in PS would provide a very similar result. I can always add a Batch to the Image Processor if I needed to have something right out of ACR.

It's still good to get a confirmation the it's 'as designed'.

Cheers,

Russell