3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 8:04 AM by groove25

Fireworks CS5 will not recognize suitcase fusion font

camelbreath Level 1

Window 7 Ultimate / 64 bit / Fireworks CS5 with lattestr update / Suitcase Fusion 14.2.0.319

I am working on a graphic which requires Helvitica Neue which I have on my machine as a postscript font. I activate the font in Suitcase Fusion, but when I attempt to set text in Fireworks in Helvitica Neue it always goes back to Myriad which is the default font. Is there a fix for this? I can fall back and create the graphic in illustrator if necessary which recognizes all of fonts activated in Suitcase.

Thanks,

Joe

• 1. Re: Fireworks CS5 will not recognize suitcase fusion font
          groove25 Level 4

One thing that improved my font management software's integration with Fireworks was adding it to a list of applications for which it will accept font requests (in Preferences). This is FontExplorer X Pro; I don't know if Suitcase Fusion has a similar option:

Allow font requests.png

Other than that, all I can think to suggest is to close Fireworks and then restart. Or to clean the Adobe application font caches.

• 2. Re: Fireworks CS5 will not recognize suitcase fusion font
            camelbreath Level 1

Thanks, I will take a look.

Joe

• 3. Re: Fireworks CS5 will not recognize suitcase fusion font
              groove25 Level 4

Looking at a Quick Reference PDF for Suitcase Fusion 3, they call this feature Global Auto-Activation, and it's available in Preferences (this is where you can enable global auto-activation by application). However, it appears to be a feature for the Mac OS but not for Windows. Also, thinking about it, this is referring to "auto-activation", which is a bit different from what you're describing.

I like my suggestion to clean the application font caches; I really think that might help. If that has no effect, then I'd try cleaning the system font caches first, and then the application font caches. Just be aware that cleaning the system font caches may affect the activation statuses of fonts that reside in your system's font folders. (For instance, on a Mac, all the fonts in the Library, user Library, and System get activated following a cache cleaning. Fonts outside these system folders are unaffected.) So you might want to make some notes on this before cleaning the system cache.

If this continues to be a problem, Extensis has pretty good email-based customer service/tech support.

1 person found this helpful