1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 9:34 AM by nw42

Cannot import .mov file

lipyo77

I wish to import a .mov file into PremierePro CS5.5, but I get an error message saying "The file has no audio or video streams".  The same happens when I try to run this through Media Encoder 5.5.

The file plays fine on VLC and Quicktime, so I'm pretty confident the correct codecs are installed, and I have the latest updates for all video software.

The full media spec of the file is as follows:

Video: MPEG-1/2 (xd5c), 1920x1080, 25fps, Planar 4:2:2 YUV

Audio: PCM S24LE (42ni), stereo, 48kHz, 24 bits/sample

Originated from Sony XDCAM H422 1080i50 (50Mb/s) - it was a .xmf but transcoded into .mov for use in FCP6/7 but now I want to run this (at home) on PPro 5.5.

Operating System: Mac OSX 10.7.3.

Please can I have a straight answer, rather than links to PC software or links that no longer exist.

Thanks,

P

• 1. Re: Cannot import .mov file
          nw42 Level 2

Hi,

Sony XDCAM as you said - original comes in an MXF container and is natively supported by Adobe Premiere.

But If you put your footage on your Mac with FCP into a "special magical FCP XDCAM" that only a Mac with FCP installed can play - then you loose...

1. You can transcode all your clips with FCP into Prores or DNXHD or something the rest of the world can read.

2. I had a silimalr situation with footage from a client: A- I could read the 4 channel audio with Premiere and was able to transcode the video with FFMPEG comand line into something more compatible...

hope this helps...

nw42