4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2008 7:30 AM by Peter Grainge

"Show" hyperlink to TOC

hughbetcha Level 1

I have a lot of links in RH7 HTML that when clicked open up topics in a new window. These new windows have an auto-generated link in the top left called "Show" that when clicked will then add the TOC and layout within the window. Problem is that this TOC in the new window uses the default layout which different from my custom one and so is missing navigation buttons.

I would prefer to not have this "Show" link appear altogether. Is there a setting to stop this from appearing when a new window is opened? I don't want to have to delete the html code for all these occurrences.

• 1. Re: "Show" hyperlink to TOC
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi hughbetcha

Sure thing. When you generate WebHelp/FlashHelp by double-clicking the layout (so you see the intermediate dialogs) step through them. I think it's on the second screen and is labeled "Show navigation pane link in topics". Ensure that option is not enabled and generate again. The link should then be banished!

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: "Show" hyperlink to TOC
            hughbetcha Level 1
            Thanks for the quick response. I have about 40 merged projects. Do I have to deselect this option from each project and publish them again, or can I just deselect from the Master project?

On the topic of merged projects, are there any other settings that just need to be defined on the Master project? For example does every project need to be assigned the same layout template, or does it just go by the Master project settings and use that for all merged projects? I'm using RH Server 7 too if that makes a difference.
            • 3. Re: "Show" hyperlink to TOC
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi again

For this, you would need to do it on each of the merged projects. This is because the option controls how the WebHelp is generated. With it enabled, JavaScript is inserted that senses whether the topic is being presented inside the frameset. If not, the link is added. If so, the link is hidden.

As for what will cascade down from the master of a merge, I stand to be corrected on this, but I think the skin is really the only thing that does.

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: "Show" hyperlink to TOC
                Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
                I think you will need to generate each child project with show turned off.

If you are creating merged help using a structure similar to that in my Merged WebHelp article, I think you will find most things take their lead from the master project. However, if you are merging using RH Server 7's ability to merge projects, then it may be different. Sorry, I cannot advise you on that.

The two methods of merging are quite different.