7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 11:18 PM by new#1guy

CS6 won't export png correctly

new#1guy

I used to be able to run an action in CS5 which would save a file in png with transparency, but now when I run the same action in CS6 the file is exported as a html file instead. Is anyone else having this issue?

• 1. Re: CS6 won't export png correctly
          Level 5

Did you re-record the action from scratch in CS6 or did you just copy over the one from CS5?  I'm sure if you record it again in CS6, it will work as expected.

• 2. Re: CS6 won't export png correctly
            Level 5

Oh, but make absolutely certain that you did not copy over ANY plug-ins from CS5 or earlier to CS6, especially if you're on a Mac.  That will break CS6 in ways that will prevent you from saving in many formats.  Do not point CS6 to an old folder containing such older plug-ins and do not set that folder as "Additional Plug-Ins folder."  That is a HUGE no-no!

Do not copy or install any Adobe plug-ins at all, they are already built-in and hidden in CS6.  Install only fresh, updated plug-ins from 3rd party vendors and only through their installers.

• 3. Re: CS6 won't export png correctly
              new#1guy Level 1

I re-recorded the actions exactly the same way I did when using CS5.

I have no third party plugins installed.

This is a bare bones installation on Windows 7 64bit.

• 4. Re: CS6 won't export png correctly
                Curt Y Level 7

new#1guy wrote:

I have no third party plugins installed.

This is not what station_two asked.  Did you install (migrate) any plugins from a preious version of photoshop?

• 5. Re: CS6 won't export png correctly
                  new#1guy Level 1

No. All plugins are directly installed from CS6.

This installation of CS6 was done on a clean newly installed OS without any prior Adobe products installed on it.

• 6. Re: CS6 won't export png correctly
                    JJMack Most Valuable Participant

new#1guy wrote:

I used to be able to run an action in CS5 which would save a file in png with transparency, but now when I run the same action in CS6 the file is exported as a html file instead. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have many CS6 issues but have not seen that one please post the action set .atn file and note which action in the set your having this issue with. So we can see if we also have your issue. Thanks

• 7. Re: CS6 won't export png correctly
                      new#1guy Level 1

I could post the action, but you would need the psd that goes with it to test it because of the layer structure and because the psd I am working in is for future sale, I am unwilling to part with it untill it has been sold.

I just ran the action again to see if anything had changed (who knows how or why) and the problem still exists. I just want to make sure everyone understands. The problem isn't when creating the action, as the file will save as a png when exporting fine, but when I run the action later the file is saved as a html file instead of png. Would it have anything to do with the output settings when I am exporting? I personally don't see this being the problem as I never had this with CS5, but thought to ask the more knowledgeable PS users.