2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 12:42 AM by paule82

Access BorderContainer in NavigatorContent

paule82

Hi,

I have the following (simplified) structure:

<s:NavigatorContent id="profileContent" label="{detailsProfile.label}" width="100%" height="100%">
                      <s:BorderContainer id="bprofileContent" name="bprofileContent" width="100%" height="100%" cornerRadius="3" borderWeight="1" dropShadowVisible="true">
                          <detailsmodify:MusicServiceDetailsProfile id="detailsProfile" isOverrideListNecessary="false"
                                                                    readOnly="{_isReadOnly}"/>
                      </s:BorderContainer>
                  </s:NavigatorContent>

How can I access the BorderContainer or even better the UI component (MusicServiceDetailsProfile)? I tried different ways:

profileContent.getChildByName("...") -> name of BorderContainer or UI component returns null
      profileContent.contentGroup.getChildByName("...") -> name of BorderContainer or UI component returns null

var borderContainer:BorderContainer = navigatorContent.getElementAt(0) as BorderContainer; -> IndexOutOfBoundsException

Does anybody know how to acces one of the two nested components?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

• 1. Re: Access BorderContainer in NavigatorContent
          Matt LeGrand

Hey Paul,

You're on the right track.  The contentGroup is a spark Group.  So use the getElementAt method and you've got it.  Code should look like this:

var bc:BorderContainer = profileContent.contentGroup.getElementAt(0) as BorderContainer;

var ui:UIComponent = bc.getElementAt(0) as UIComponent;  // or this could be MusicServiceDetailsProfile

// And you could use this to set a style or something cooler.

bc.setStyle('backgroundColor', 0x00FF00);

Hope this helps,

Matt

• 2. Re: Access BorderContainer in NavigatorContent
            paule82 Level 1

Hi Matt,

thanks for your response.

But unfortunately I already tried this and I get the following exception:

[Fault] exception, information=RangeError: Index 0 is out of range.

at spark.components::Group/checkForRangeError()

at spark.components::Group/getElementAt()

It can't be so difficult to get the nested elements but I can't figure out how to do it ...