5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 5:04 AM by Homeboy

Change Lasso Tool Points

Lilsilly

I want to fine adjust the selections done with the Lasso Tools but can not find out how to do it.

I imagine that I can select the create points and manipulate them. Am I dreaming?

Help much appreciated.

• 1. Re: Change Lasso Tool Points
          HowardPinsky Level 4

You're able to adjust paths that were created using the Pen Tool, but because the Lasso tools do not create vector shapes/paths, there are no points. You can, however, use the add/subtract options on your Options Bar to modify a current selection.

• 2. Re: Change Lasso Tool Points
            Lilsilly Level 1

Thanks Howard Pinsky for your quick response.

While creating the selection with the Lasso tool it looks like it creates vector points.

That's bad if it does not.

I have used the add/subtract option and it is not much to my liking.

Is there another way to create a selection as a vector shape? How can I do it with the pen tool? I cn drwa with the penciI tool but can not see how to manipulate the pencil tool either and the help menue is of no help.

• 3. Re: Change Lasso Tool Points
              the_wine_snob Level 9

To fine-tune a Selection, whether created with the Lasso, the Magnetic Lasso, etc., just go to the Paths Palette, and look for the little "arrowhead in a circle," to open up the Paths Options. Select Make Work Path, set the Threshold, and you have a Path, from that Selection. Using the Add/Subtract Tool (expand the Pen Tool to see all the options), you can tweak, as much as wish.

If you then wish to go back to a Selection, use that same Options menu to Make Selection.

I use this workflow constantly, as I will use a Selection Tool to "rough in" the Selection, convert that to a Path, and with the magnification pretty high, refine that with the Pen Tools (and its variations).

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Change Lasso Tool Points
                Lilsilly Level 1

Hi Bill Hunt,

I can follow your great instructions and I can see what you mean. I do it similar in Xara.  However, I can not find the Path Pallette or any "arrowhead in a circle".

Any help welcome, thanks.

• 5. Re: Change Lasso Tool Points
                  Homeboy

Unfortunately, selecting the Options Bar "New", "Add to Selection" icons don't let me correct the parts that don't adhere to the desired object. Each option makes new line points.

All I want to do is move the incorrect parts so they abut nicely as the rest of the outline I've drawn.