1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2012 6:41 PM by groove25

Fireworks CSS Properties panel shorthand

Tomas... Level 1

Hi is where any way insted of:

font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

to have:

color: #A8A8A9;

font: 16px/1.4 "Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

and same shorthand for everything else. Is where any way to edit CSS Properties panel?

P.S. I was trying http://mattstow.com/css-professionalzr.html , but in most cases its not working.

• 1. Re: Fireworks CSS Properties panel shorthand
          groove25 Level 4

Without doing a lot research into this, I'm not sure what to suggest. I think you're on the right track by trying a tool like Matt's CSS Professionalzr. Have you tried giving him feedback on what's not working? (I do see that it's version 0.4, so it could still be a work in progress.)

Within the CSS Properties panel itself, I don't see any shorthand options. I know the panel was introduced as an add-on to CS5, so it's still a relatively new feature.

I don't know if Dreamweaver might be helpful to you here. It has options for writing CSS shorthand.

Perhaps there's a way to "wash" the Fireworks code output in Dreamweaver by resaving or editing the CSS file or something. If not, I'd do a Google search for some kind of tool that's oriented towards "CSS shorthand". There might be a converter out there.

1 person found this helpful