4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 7:11 AM by Steven Pribilinskiy

Crash! Boom! Bang! in CS6

Steven Pribilinskiy Level 1

Please confirm

Ready-to-send Bug Report:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

******BUG******

Concise problem statement:Premiere Pro crashes after performing Extract operation in Timeline

Steps to reproduce bug:

1.Place an audio transition in Timeline

2.Place Playhead over a Transition and Mark In

3.Mark Out

4.Extract

Results:Crash

Link: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1017601

• 1. Re: Crash! Boom! Bang! in CS6
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Works fine for me.

• 2. Re: Crash! Boom! Bang! in CS6

You're right. Just tried on a remote pc, everything is fine. Something wrong in the sequence, lots of edits are there, will try to find out the reason it crashes.

• 3. Re: Crash! Boom! Bang! in CS6

New Project, Bars and Tone Clip, Constant Power Transition --> Lift/Extract operation --> Crash in certain circumstance.

It depends on Transition Duration and Position.

This bug cannot be easily reproduced, but it exists in each Premiere Pro instance, each editor have a chance to experience this crash after performing a Lift/Extract function. I had to 3 times recover an auto-saved version of a latest project.

as you can see, Transition Duration is 1:09, Start 5:19, End 7:02, Sequence Selection is 1:01

just download the project

https://sourceforge.net/projects/prprocs6files/files/latest/download?source=files

open or import it and press Lift/Extract

• 4. Re: Crash! Boom! Bang! in CS6

It's interesting that after reopening the project and performing lift/extract there was everything fine.

So I went to dig deeper

It's not only about Transition Duration/Alighnment.

It's also not depends on whether you will press Lift/Extract Button in the Monitor Panel or use a HotKey, crash may happen in both cases.

So, after reopening a project - no crash, but after performing the operation multiple times - the crash will occur. Strange, huh?

It's an easily reproducable bug on my PC, but I don't see a way to define some concrete pattern to invoke it.

I just have projects with a ready setup to just perform Lift/Extract a few times and obtain a crash.

This crash occured 2 times in an hour and I'm so tired of this, khm.

The Auto-Save feature is also not reliable, it is set to auto-save every 1 minutes, but sometimes I loose up to 5-10 minutes of work.

I experienced this bug before - in CS5 (but there it was contstant, easily reproducable), then it was fixed in CS5.5 and now in CS6 it's back.

Just tried on a remote PC to reproduce the bug, no luck, there's everything fine - I am in a trouble.

Renamed the folders:

• c:\Users\USER\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Pro\6.0\
                • c:\Users\USER\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\6.0\
                • c:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\

thus removing all of the Preferences and Plug-ins, and I was surprized with inability to reproduce the bug too. But only at first attempt, after repeating the operation much more times (10-20 times) the Crash is Back.

Digging deeper?

Removed again all the preferences folders and created a New Project, Imported there the Project with a reproducable on my pc bug, set Mercury Playback to Software and BANG! The Crash is there.

Decided to open the project on a remote  PC again and try to perform the operation also multiple 10-20 times and BANG! The Crash is there.

So, it IS reproducable! I can reproduce it on any PC. You can too, if you try.

It's not persistent, but sometimes it's very unexpected.