0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 6:43 AM by fgadotti

How to avoid SharedObject get cleared?

fgadotti Level 1

Good morning gentlemen,

I'm having a problem in a few clients when the SharedObject is local. It's getting  cleared almost everyday without no reason. There's no clear routine scheduled on the PC. The data is simply getting killed but the file stills there.

Doing some research, I've read that Flash Player can erase the data without knowledge of the user, just because he is happy and have will to do that.

Source: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/SharedObject. html in the part "Local disk space considerations.".

I've tried to put the file only with read permission after I've write what I wanted in the file. Even this way the data is cleared when the machine is rebooted.

I saw too, that the SharedObject will flush automatic when the application is closed. I double checked the code, and I'm sure that there's no place that is filling the SharedObject with empty data.

Resuming, there's some way to avoid the SharedObject get cleared randomly by the Flash Player?

Regards,

Fredy.