2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2008 4:09 PM by Bill_WTC

Contribute does not start

Bill_WTC
      Contribute CS3 does not start from the browser "Edit in Contribute" button or from the Start Programs menu. It used to start but no longer. Dreamweaver and the other Adobe products all start and run fine.

I had initially downloaded and installed the Contribute trial version. I subsequently bought and installed the Web Premium CS3 package that includes Contribute. I believe Contribute still worked after that but I'm not certain.

I tried re-installing Contribute which did not help. I just spent 2 hours deactivating, uninstalling and then re-installing the whole Web Premium package, this did not correct the problem either.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Contribute does not start
          m gupta Level 1
          Hi Bill,
          I guess you would have uninstalled the Contribute trial version before installing the Web Premium suite. If not can you please try the same?
          Thanks,
          Manoj
          • 2. Re: Contribute does not start
            Bill_WTC Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: mkgupta
            Hi Bill,
            I guess you would have uninstalled the Contribute trial version before installing the Web Premium suite. If not can you please try the same?
            Thanks,
            Manoj

Thanks for the response Manoj. I'm pretty sure I did uninstall the trial version first.

Guess the next thing I'll try is uninstalling everything again. This time I won't have it save Preferences and connection settings. Hopefully that will get rid of more (all - I hope) registry settings. I'll let you know the outcome.

Luckily I don't have this problem on my desktop, just the laptop. I can still see the functionality of Contribute to help coach my content provider.