4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 7:01 PM by Sean_Wilson

Hiding Source Material

Sandra Rosen

I am creating a cross-platform project to be distributed on flash drives. Is there a way to hide the source material so that the end user can't see or access it, but only sees the .app and .exe projectors? I have tried making the source files invisible, putting them in a separate locked folder on the flash, but in all cases the projectors can't access them either. Any ideas?  Thanks. -- SJR

• 1. Re: Hiding Source Material
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Making files invisible shouldn't cause the projector to be unable to find them.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Hiding Source Material
            Sandra Rosen Level 1

Thanks, Sean. Let me clarify. Making files invisible on a PC lets the PC projector find them  if they are still on the same drive, but does not hide them from the MAC and vice versa. If I make them invisible in both formats, then the program does not work in the opposite format. Also, once I copy the folder with everything in it to another flash, the neither projector  can find the source material needed to work. Also, if I try to hide the source files in a locked folder, the projectors can't find them. I worry about end users playing with the source files. Any ideas?

• 3. Re: Hiding Source Material
              nairkat Level 1

You could try setting the relative path of the files in a on prepareMovie handler (for instance) within a movie script and keep files always in that relative path to the movie (filename property of the member core object if I'm correct). You could also protect your movies and external casts (watch out and keep a copy of the original source files); or get all in a compressed format maybe?. If you move files around then it's normal that the projector cant find them.

• 4. Re: Hiding Source Material
                Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

So what about "protecting" your Director files by publishing them to dxr/dcr cxt/cct format?