3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 12:37 PM by Lsimonsen

Rendering

Lsimonsen

With my last few movies, as soon as I drag a clip to the timeline, the line turns red. In the past, I would only need to render it if I applied a title or effect. What is with the sudden change? It really gets old having to render every single time I place a clip.

• 1. Re: Rendering
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This indicates that your project specs do not match your video source.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Rendering
            Lsimonsen Level 1

Oh I bet it's my project settings, they aren't what they should be. How can I change them once I've created the project? Plus, wouldn't the pop-up screen have showed up when I placed a clip in the timeline stating the settings don't match the format?

• 3. Re: Rendering
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Project settings can only be set when you first start a project.

You can view your project settings -- but not change them -- under the Edit menu.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Rendering
                Lsimonsen Level 1

Yeah that's what I figured. I guess it doesn't always detect when they don't match. Well I'm defintely not starting over now, I'll have to remember for next time.