1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 7:36 PM by RedAnt55

AAF and OMF export of nested sequences? And AAF import to Audition?

jeclark2006 Level 1

I was testing the export of OMF and AAF. I found the following:

OMF:

1) A sequence that is a composite of nested sequences, is mixed down to a single stereo track.

2) One test case which had some audio clips and a nested clip, the audio clips were correcly 'encapsulated', but the nested audio was 'missing' when the OMF file was opened in Audition.

If I selected the 'separate audio files' option, Premiere emitted an error message and hung.

AAF:

1) Audition apparently does not process AAF files.

The question here is, are projects which are intended for further audio processing required to only have the single level in a sequence, that is they can contain no nested sequences. Seems to be a pretty brutal requirement, given that many projects benefit by having sequences 'nested' then a final master sequences that collects them all.

And why would Audition not accept an AAF file, since it is my understanding that AAF is a packaging format that was not as 'proprietary' as OMF.

I should also note that my experiements were directed to 'how to export to other tools'. It just happens that Audition is the only tool I have available at the moment to test 'import' with. So, I'm interested in 'going to a non-Adobe DAW', than how to transfer between Premiere/Audition.