0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 8:05 PM by alec.toller

Missing Audio with Merged Clips

alec.toller

I'm experienced a very confusion and frustating kink in clip merging process. I suspect other people have encountered it before, but I can't find where. I'll post tech details at the end.

I merged clips by marking an in point on the audio and an in point on the video. I placed both clips in to my timeline. I deleted the stereo track that came with the video. I linked the 4 mono channels to the video, and dragged them over to a bin, where it asked me to name the merged clip, and I named it according to the scene.
      I had no problems working with them

Upon returning to my work, however, some of the audio seems to be missing. That is, the top of the four mono tracks is there, but the other three, while there in the timeline, play no sound - they don't have any waveforms anymore (it is not any kind of mute track issue, the waveforms themselves are gone).

I have since tried merging clips directly in the media browser, using in points, and this seems to resolve the problem. While I am happy to see a solution for the future, I am on a very tight deadline and don't have the time to re-merge all of my hundreds of clips.

This is an awful bug that Adobe has got to fix.

Thanks!

Shot on canon 5D

From Properties:
      "Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 1.3 GB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 23.976

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo"

Audio on dual system (unsure of which model):

From Properties:
      "Type: Windows WAVE audio file

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24 bit - Mono

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono"

Premiere Pro 5.5, most recent update.
      Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, most recent update.

ASUS G53JW

Intel Core i7  Q740 @ 1.73Ghz
      8Gb Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M