3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 2:56 AM by martin.demsky

Is there a version of the script "batch_convert.jsxbin" to Ind. CS6?

Marcos Suárez

Is there a version of the script "batch_convert.jsxbin" to Ind. CS6?

Thanks...!!!

• 1. Re: Is there a version of the script "batch_convert.jsxbin" to Ind. CS6?
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

Do you mean to convert to CS6 from within another version of InDesign, or do you mean you have this version but it does not work?

(It converts "to" the version you are running it in -- nothing else.

If it simply does not run, try if it does if you place it in a folder "Version 6.0" in your scripts panel; or maybe even a lower version, as I don't know "for" which version of InDesign it was written.)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is there a version of the script "batch_convert.jsxbin" to Ind. CS6?
            Marcos Suárez Level 1

OK ...
            The script does work in Indesign CS6...!!!
            My indesign files were not OK ...

Thanks Jongware...!!!

• 3. Re: Is there a version of the script "batch_convert.jsxbin" to Ind. CS6?
              martin.demsky

Hello people, this script is really great, currently i have 83 indesign files in one folder which are often updated for a client (now as lowres PDF), script does job instead of me Sometimes Links files are not included, dunno why, we are not using Version Cue server over a year so all files are on my local HDD, but i used with great success app MainMenu to deep clean system cache, user cache, remove temp files and all that stuff so it is working now.

I have one simply question, if it is possible to add to script settings like registration marks, bleed, CMYK settings (FOGRA etc.), simply all that stuff like in Print menu, when saving to a PostScript file for later Distilling. Thanks in advance. (For example, i have now created Print preset settings with automatic bleed (loaded from bleed settings in indd file), offset for registration etc. marks also 5 mm, highest transparency flattening settings, CMYK etc., it would be ideal to add these print settings to batch script, because these settings offered from Distiller (i use for big formats my own no resample settings derived from 300 DPI quality press settings) not include bleed).

BTW i am really wondering why InDesign does not offer Actions like Photoshop, just for basic tasks, like this: I hit record, open InDesign file, press cmd+p, select my PRESS preset, save to .ps file, close window, stop recording. Then i select Batch processing, run this Action with custom from-to folders.