3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2012 4:35 AM by Peter Spier

Two-page centerline

Anselmaus

Hi,

I'm quite new with the InDesing so here's a question. How do I get the two-page view to be viewed in PDF that there's no page divider (see the attachments). Should I use InDesing or Acrobat? And how do I get the borderline off.

2012-06-06 01.04.36 pm.jpg

I'm supposed to get the grey line off center of the pages.

It shoul look like this, kind of the two pages were together:

2012-06-06 01.05.07 pm.jpg

• 1. Re: Two-page centerline
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You can check the "spreads" box in the export dialog, but that forces the user to view as spreads and makes navigation through the document more difficult.

Why are you being forced to eliminate the page divider line? Readrs should be free to choose how they view content on screen.

• 2. Re: Two-page centerline
            Anselmaus Level 1

Thanks for the anwer. There's no particular reason why the view should look like that and I'm not completely sure how it's going to look in the end.

Another question: How can I combine two or three InDesign files into a one file? Or break one file into multiple files in InDesing?

• 3. Re: Two-page centerline
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Combining is pretty easy. You can either move pages into one file, or leave the files as separate documents and combine them in a Book. (File > New > Book...).

Pulling apart a file into several different documents requires either moving pages to new files or deleting pages you don't want and doing a save as to a new name.

You can also combine files or extract pages from PDFs in Acrobat.