3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2012 8:32 AM by the_wine_snob

Premier Elements Trial won't run

springfieldllc

I successfully downloaded and installed the Premier Elements Trial version.  It comes up with the Welcome to Adobe Premier Elements purple screen with Organize, New Project and Open Project buttons.  When I select any of these buttons a progress bar comes up for 5-10 seconds then goes away and back to the same screen.  Nothing opens.

This is installed on Windows 7 64 bit.

• 1. Re: Premier Elements Trial won't run
          Barbara B. Level 7

moving to the Premiere Elements forum

• 2. Re: Premier Elements Trial won't run
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's hard to say without more information about your system. But the first time you launch Premiere Elements, it can take a few minutes for it install the necessary components before the program fully opens.

Meantime, make sure you go to Windows Update manually and download even the non-critical updates for your system. The non-critical updates (which don't install automatically) often include important drivers for your system.

• 3. Re: Premier Elements Trial won't run
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

When a user is experiencing crashes, or hangs, I always recommend this ARTICLE. It starts with tips on setting up one's computer to run PrE best, then moves into a series of links on tuning up one's computer and OS, and finishes with links on troubleshooting, including an important link to Got a Problem - How to Get Started. That linked article lists the types of info, and how/where to find it, to best help others remotely troubleshoot the problem.o

Good luck, and if you have already done everything in the first two parts of the article, please see the link to ... How to Get Started, and post the information, so that we can study that, and perhaps find the problem.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful