• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change variable names using refactor (Updated)

Guide ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refactoring is broken on my installation of Flash Builder (installed with Web Premium). I selected the first "step" in this code and Right-clicked, selecting Refactor>Rename. 

var step:ExerciseStep = new ExerciseStep();

step.presentation = blockElement.@presentation;

steps.push(step);

var questionsElement:XMLList = blockElement.questions;

if (questionsElement) {

var filter:XMLList = questionsElement.elements('question');

step.filter = filter;

}

group.steps.push(step);

I typed in a new name for my local variable, and FB came up with an error:

A fatal error occurred while performing the refactoring: References could not be found. Nothing to rename.

As you can see, there are plenty of references right * there!!

This problem is even worse when I try to rename Class files (either from the package explorer or right clicking the class name in the as file), because this renames the AS file only, and does not rename the internal class definition or the constructor. It also does not update any references to the class anywhere in the project.

I think what's really broken is the ability to find references, but I don't know how to fix it.

Closing and reopening FB doesn't work, nor does rebooting.

I'd appreciate any help with this issue

UPDATE: I am finding that ctrl-1 is coming up with "no suggestions available." when I right-click a public variable to change it to a getter/setter.

I know that at least a few people have looked at this, and if anyone from Adobe is watching, I would truly appreciate some kind of help on this.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell from when did this problem start? Are you using an old Flash Builder workspace?

You can perform the following steps to resolve the problem -

1. Clear the cache - to clear the cache,

a. Close Flash Builder

b. In Explorer/Finder, go to folder - 

[your workspace]/.metadata/.plugins/com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel

If the above folder does not exist, then see whether [your workspace]/.metadata/.plugins/com.adobe.flexide.codemodel.bridge folder exists

c. delete the searchCache, SwcCache and swcCommentCache directories

d. Open Flash Builder. It will re-generate the caches and things would work.

e. If things do not work after this step, then follow step 2.

2.  Create a new workspace and import your projects in that workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps for cleaning the cache didn't work. Unfortunately, FB won't allow me to import the project. It claims the directory it does not contain a valid FB project. Could it be because this is a Flash Pro, not Flex, project? IOW, the Class files are supporting an xfl folder, not MXML.

BTW, I'm not sure when it started. I was off doing Flash/AS2 work for a month, and it seems that when I came back, this stuff was broken. But it might have been working for the first day or so--it's so much more noticeable when something isn't working than when it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually discovered the problem--Flash Builder was creating the project in a totally different directory from where my XFL and source code were http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2012/07/when-good-flash-builderflash-pro.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Sameer, that solution worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines