7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2012 4:11 AM by VDOSurfer

text transitions over still images

HeilLove

I have a bunch texts that I want to transition in and out over just one still image... simple, so why can't I get this

• 1. Re: text transitions over still images
          Barbara B. Level 7

moving to the premiere elements forum

• 2. Re: text transitions over still images
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You'll have to tell us in detail what you're doing if you'd like us to tell you what you're doing wrong.

It should be pretty straightforward.

• 3. Re: text transitions over still images
              the_wine_snob Level 9

In very general terms, your workflow will look like this:

1. Title>New Title (can be just generic Text, or can be based on a Template, and modified to suit)
              2. Place Title on Video Track 2, above your Still Image on Video Track 1
              3. Add either Animation Effects Presets to the Title (note: they only will work with one line of Text), or
              4. Use the Fixed Effects>Motion>Position (and/or Motion>Scale, or any one of many added Effects), and Keyframe those over time. I like this method, as it provides me with much more control, and is not limited to one line of Text.

Hope that helps,

Hunt

• 4. Re: text transitions over still images
                HeilLove Level 1

I have just one still image.  Over the image (about 3 min in length) there will be names going in and out over the still image... like:

John Doe (text will hold for 5 sec and fade to next name)

Jane Doe (" ")

and it will do this for the 3 min.

• 5. Re: text transitions over still images
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Once again, this is very simple to do.

But it's impossible to advise you what you're doing wrong if we don't know exactly what steps you're taking that aren't working.

• 6. Re: text transitions over still images
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

To "hold" the Text animation, I strongly suggest creating the Titles, placing them on the Video Track above the Still Image, and then apply Keyframes to animage the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position. You can use that to bring in your Text from anywhere off-screen, at any speed that you desire, then just hold that, by placing a Keyframe with the same attributes, further along in time, then Keyframe Motion>Position to take the Text off-screen, in whichever direction you want, and at the speed that you want.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: text transitions over still images
                      VDOSurfer Level 3

Add the image in the timeline. Stretch it to any size you need by dragging it on the right and extending it on the timeline. All this on track 1.

Now take the Current Time Indicator (CTI) line to wherever you want the Title to start.

Click on Title and one should come up in Track 2. Write John Doe in it with whatever font you want on the monitor. Then remember to Right click on the title on the timeline and select Fade-> Fade out Video. Repeat this step with the number of names you have and then once done, drag back the duration for image on the timeline to wherever all of the Titles end. Or if you dragged it short the first time, extend it more till wherever the title completes.

Don't try to read this, understand and then do it. Read this as you do and you should be there, hopefully.

1 person found this helpful