5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2012 6:03 AM by JE Bailey

Workflow launchers for cq:page deletion

Ram Atmakur

Hi,

the workflows in our envionment does not handle deletes and the idea now is to implement a workflow launcher which would track the deletes on cq:page under path /content/<somepath>/. I have configured it as below

{

• enabled: true,
      • eventType: 2,
      • nodetype: "cq:Page",
      • description: "",
      • runModes: "author",
      • excludeList: "",
      • workflow: "/etc/workflow/models/att---page-activation-workflow/jcr:content/model",
      • condition: "",
      • jcr:primaryType: "cq:WorkflowLauncher",
      • glob: "/content/dam/geometrixx"

}

I am expecting this workflow should get launched automatically in the backend when ever a delete happens but i dont see this happening. Am I missing anything here?

In general how to manage deletes/moves via workflows?

Regards

Rama.

• 1. Re: Workflow launchers for cq:page deletion
          nicolas peltier Adobe Employee

Hi Rama,

it looks very unlikely that a cq:Page node (nodetype property) gets deleted under /content/dam/geometrixx (glob property)

try the same with glob= "/content/.*"

• 2. Re: Workflow launchers for cq:page deletion
            Ram Atmakur Level 1

Hi Nicolas,

You are right in what you said. Please read the config as below. I copied a wrong config earlier as I was in middle of experimenting with /content/dam assets and forgot to roll back changes while I posted my qn. You can read the config as below. Still the same issue.

{

• enabled: true,
            • eventType: 2,
            • nodetype: "cq:Page",
            • description: "",
            • runModes: "author",
            • excludeList: "",
            • workflow: "/etc/workflow/models/att---page-deletion-workflow/jcr:content/model ",
            • condition: "",
            • jcr:primaryType: "cq:WorkflowLauncher",
            • glob: "/content/geometrixx/.*"

}

• 3. Re: Workflow launchers for cq:page deletion
              JE Bailey Level 2

Ram,

out of curioisty where is this being defined? When I look at workflows (under cq5.5)

http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/workflow/content/console.html and look at launchers I see a different set of criteria then what you list.

-jason

• 4. Re: Workflow launchers for cq:page deletion
                Ram Atmakur Level 1

Jason,

I am on 5.4 and dont know if workflow screens would be differnet in 5.5. In 5.4, on welcome page, click on workflows. The page opens with 2-3 tabs. The last tab is where the workflow launcher is configured. The config that I posted above is just a json response of the configuration.

Ram.

• 5. Re: Workflow launchers for cq:page deletion
                  JE Bailey Level 2

Ram,

I was able to replicate the problem myself with 5.4, it's just like you said, nothing appears to happen. I went into 5.5 and I noticed a couple of things

1. There were no longer out of the box examples of "Removed" workflows

2. When I created a workflow that was triggered by a "Remove" it gave me explicit statements that it would only work with a limited number of node types (cq:Page being one of them)

3. It worked(!), but when I went to do a confirm on my inbox it gave several red alerts to the fact that the resource which the workflow is based on was missing.

So I'd say that it's not you and that workflow based off of a remove event is mostly, if not completely, broken in 5.4. If you really need it, I'd check package share and/or support to see if they've released a fix for this.