it looks very unlikely that a cq:Page node (nodetype property) gets deleted under /content/dam/geometrixx (glob property)
try the same with glob= "/content/.*"
You are right in what you said. Please read the config as below. I copied a wrong config earlier as I was in middle of experimenting with /content/dam assets and forgot to roll back changes while I posted my qn. You can read the config as below. Still the same issue.
- enabled: true,
- eventType: 2,
- nodetype: "cq:Page",
- description: "",
- runModes: "author",
- excludeList: "",
- workflow: "/etc/workflow/models/att---page-deletion-workflow/jcr:content/model ",
- condition: "",
- jcr:primaryType: "cq:WorkflowLauncher",
- glob: "/content/geometrixx/.*"
out of curioisty where is this being defined? When I look at workflows (under cq5.5)
http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/workflow/content/console.html and look at launchers I see a different set of criteria then what you list.
I am on 5.4 and dont know if workflow screens would be differnet in 5.5. In 5.4, on welcome page, click on workflows. The page opens with 2-3 tabs. The last tab is where the workflow launcher is configured. The config that I posted above is just a json response of the configuration.
I was able to replicate the problem myself with 5.4, it's just like you said, nothing appears to happen. I went into 5.5 and I noticed a couple of things
1. There were no longer out of the box examples of "Removed" workflows
2. When I created a workflow that was triggered by a "Remove" it gave me explicit statements that it would only work with a limited number of node types (cq:Page being one of them)
3. It worked(!), but when I went to do a confirm on my inbox it gave several red alerts to the fact that the resource which the workflow is based on was missing.
So I'd say that it's not you and that workflow based off of a remove event is mostly, if not completely, broken in 5.4. If you really need it, I'd check package share and/or support to see if they've released a fix for this.