4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 4:33 AM by zahid jaffer

pre 10 titles in video playback are choppy impossible to do sub titles

zahid jaffer

Hello

When i add titles to a project and playback the part of the video that has the titles is very choppy.  Rendering the timeline works, but it is no good for me when ive got to move the text around as i am doing sub titles,  This never happened when i had pre7.  Can someone help?

Thanks

• 1. Re: pre 10 titles in video playback are choppy impossible to do sub titles
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Rendering your timeline whenever you see red lines above your clips will give you smooth playback.

There's no reason version 10 should behave differently than version 9 in this regard. Assuming you're using an equally powerful computer, a similarly set up project and the same camcorder's video.

• 2. Re: pre 10 titles in video playback are choppy impossible to do sub titles
            zahid jaffer Level 1

I've never used version 9, I used to have version 7 and the skipping didn't happen, im using the same pc.  The problem with rendering when making subtitles is that you have to move the subtitle in the timeline so you match it dialog correctly, every time I move the title the green line goes red and then you have to render again, this ends up taking a while and is very annoying to have to do every time.  Isn't there a more efficient way?

If i animate the title the choppyness doesnt happen. Seems like this is a fault some how.

• 3. Re: pre 10 titles in video playback are choppy impossible to do sub titles
              the_wine_snob Level 9

On my laptop, I just did a 10 min. SlideShow, with Titles over most. Now, I was working with SD material, and a Quad-Core laptop, that is pretty stout, though getting old now. I never had to  Render any Title, but for a 50 sec. "Roll" with a 4000 pixel Title. After that, I was able to playback smoothly enough to adjust my Titles, and my Still Images. Other than the first 50 sec., I had red lines above everything, until I needed to view my final, prior to Export/Share. Regular, un-Rendered playback was adequate for me to make minute adjustments, and just hit the Spacebar to play.

I often do complete edits, and never bother to Render, unless I am doing a bunch of Keyframing, and then I might Render a section of the Timeline dozens of times.

Sounds like something else is going on there.

Good luck, and wish that I had more to offer.

Hunt

• 4. Re: pre 10 titles in video playback are choppy impossible to do sub titles
                zahid jaffer Level 1

Thanks, I wish there was something that could be done, as i am pretty stuck here.  Seems as though now adding effects to the title doesnt work since im working with high res footage!   Do you think it would be of any use if i call Adobe support?